Chapter Thirty-Eight: Someone's Jealous

A/N

We reached 4K guys! So freakin happy. Really happy!!!

So far these days have bee pretty busy and just chill, I guess. I don't really know.

So please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Tuesday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Someone's Jealous

"Well I hope he gets better," I said to Manny before he left with a small wave.

I sighed to myself, sinking in the chair while I bit my nails. Stupid habit.

So Manny, the guy that I just met in the lunch line was pretty nice. So nice that he told me that his boyfriend was here since he had gotten in a car accident.

I obviously felt bad for the guy. I had told him about Claire and Harry. But I felt a bit disappointed that a hot guy like him was already taken.

Once I retreated back to the waiting room, I found Alex sitting with his head hung low, soft snores escaping him with each breath.

I guess he couldn't really wait for that coffee. And I hadn't brought it either way.

Oops.

"So? Had fun with that guy?" Reese asked. I turned around surprised when he appeared out of nowhere.

Why the hell was he hiding like that?

"What?" I blurted.

"The guy. That you just met." His tone was harsh and low, which caused me to step back a bit.

He's not going to hurt you, Maggie.

"Oh. Him? He's nice. He's a nice guy," I responded.

I noticed his jaw clench. Wow. Really sharp by they way. I mean I hadn't noticed-Maggie! Focus!

"What's his name?" he muttered.

"Manny? Are you. . . Are you okay? You seem a bit upset," I smirked.

Reese shook his head while pressing his lips together. "I'm fine. I'm completely fine. I mean, you seemed to be having a great time with Manny."

The way he said his name made me quirk a brow at him. Was it just me or did he sound jealous?

"Are you jealous?" My question came out as more in a shocked kind of tone rather than a firm statement. Because it was true!

Reese sounded jealous right now! Wait if he was jealous then. . .? No! No way in hell! If I've said it before, I'll say it again (to myself) that Reese didn't like me that way. He's the one who clearly stated to be friends.

I'm so ridiculous.

"Jealous? Me?" he scoffed. "Why would I be jealous? You and I are just friends. Aren't we?"

"Yes," I stated.

"Then? No reason to be jealous!" Reese began to walk off before saying, "Not jealous!"