Chapter Eighteen: Your Family Is. . . Something

A/N

Back again with a new update! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, because I worked hard to make it seem good for you guys.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Saturday (my mom's b-day, so I'll be in a good mood!)
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Eighteen: Your Family Is. . . Something

My back leaned against the wall, my knees up to my chest with my arms hanging beside them. Fresh and old tears stained my cheeks as I tried to control my sobs.

My door creeked open a bit, Reese's head poking in. He had a soft expression once he saw my blank one. I had to stare hard at the floor so I couldn't cry anymore. The thought of him seeing me cry made me cringe.

"What happened Maggie?" Reese asked softly. He sat in front of me with his hand stretched out.

I pulled my arms backwards, hugging myself too tightly. "I'm. Fine." I wiped my tears with the back of my hand, my nose feeling all stuffy. "You should go Reese. . . I'll call you when I'm ready."

"Maggie, I can't-"

"I said go!" I shouted. He stared at me for a couple of seconds before mumbling an O.K. and finally leaving. Immediately I broke into tears again, anger, sadness, frustration in them.

"What the hell!" I shouted at myself. Why the fuck would he bother me! Why would he do this to me!?

I ran to my bathroom, taking out my blade and gliding it over my bare skin. Blood soaked the marble floor while my jeans were getting soaked in it. More tears slipped down my cheeks, more blood pouring out of me until I felt exhausted.

My hands grabbed onto the edge of the counter, leaning against it as I tried to get the needle and thread from my counter. Sniffling, I poured some medicine alcohol making me wince and bite my tongue. I slipped the thread through the tiny hole before stitching myself up.

The entire time I was biting down my lips hard to the point where I drew some blood. I was only able to stitch up four cuts that I had cut into too deeply.

At the end I peeled off some bandages before sticking them on the remaining cuts.

I laid on my bed then, staring blankly at the wall. My mind was flashing images of my breakdown hours ago. I hadn't broken down since that night, that damn fucking night.

Taking out my phone from my pocket, I texted Reese to pick me up. Once I looked down I saw the bloody mess that my poor jeans had gone through. How would I explain this to Claire?

I threw on another pair of jeans that looked similar and hoped for the best.

Reese stood outside once I opened the door. His expression softened once he saw me, but also a bit of confusion written on his face. "Are you feeling better now?" he finally asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. . ."

Even if my reply seemed unconvincing to him, Reese let the topic go and drove us to his house.

At first I thought it was just a prank because the house was a freaking mansion! There were beautiful rose bushes surrounding the door, a long pebble-stoned pathway too. The mansion was at least four floors, at least.

"You look a bit surprised," he smirked while opening the car door for me.

"You didn't tell me you lived in a mansion," I scoffed.