Chapter Seventy: Don't You Get It?

A/N

Just to clarify, last chapter was about Reese's past. I was introducing you guys to how he met Caitlin and how his life was before.

Thanks for all the votes and comments and reads, guys. Means so much to me! And I've also decided that since this is my first books and I know you guys love this couple, I will not be doing a sequel. I just think that doing a sequel would change a lot of things since I had planned certain things to happen in it. But I'm satisfied with having my couple stay in one piece in one book.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Wednesday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Seventy: Don't You Get It?

By now all of my things were packed: clothes. That's pretty much all I needed for the rehab center. There I would get my own room, own bed and brand new sheets with windows and everything else a clinic provided.

Claire was boxing up the last of my few belongings before giving me her pair of earrings and necklace. "Keep it. You might have something special over there," she smiled.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

I sat on my mattress before Alex came in, an awkward expression on his face. "Someone's here to see you."

The door opened wider, Raven walking in and shutting the door in front of my brother's nose. I was about to say something when she brought her finger up to her lips, mouthing a shh so I could shut up.

"I don't care what you have to say right now. All I need is your ears and time to listen to everything I have to tell you," she said.

I sighed. "If it's trying to convince me to get back with Reese, forget it."

I got up to put a box in the corner of the room when she snatched it away and tossed it on my mattress. "Hope nothing valuable was in there," I mumbled.

Other than pictures still in their frames, fuck.

"Raven-"

"I said I just needed your ears and time. So zip those pretty lips of yours, alright?" She forced me to sit down on the mattress again. Her expression was intimidating until I looked to the wall behind her. "Reese told you about Caitlin, didn't he?"

"Yeah. . . Is that all you want to discuss with me, because I have things to still pack up-"

"You clearly don't understand why I'm here," she pursed.

Slumping against the headboard, I muttered, "Then what the hell do you want?"

"Did Reese ever tell you that we stopped talking when I lived out of the state for a while?"

"No." He hardly tells me anything about you, I thought.

"Did he ever tell you how close we were?"

"No," I repeated.

Raven sighed while running her fingers through her hair. "We were close. I even drove him to school before the idiot finally managed to get his driver's license. . . Look, the only reason we stopped talking was after Caitlin died."

"Why?"

"How happy did my brother feel with you?"

I shrugged. How was I supposed to know? Yeah he always seemed happy around me, even when we weren't dating. Other than being his idiotic and dumbass self, he was happy. "Happy-"