Chapter Twenty-One: Get A Room!

A/N

New update! I hope you guys enjoy this one. Not sure if it's my best one, but still a good chapter!

Imma get all panicky now cause I have my presentation on Friday and I hate them so much! But I'll be watching Civil War that day, soooo, still a good way to end Friday!

Next Update: Friday (I feel like it'll give me good luck for some reason. Don't know, soon update though!)
*******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Twenty-One: Get A Room!

My head throbbed once I opened my eyes. The dim light of the sun on my ground made my room feel warm.

It was barely seven-thirty o'clock, and I didn't feel like getting more sleep. So I hopped out of bed and trudged downstairs, my stomach growling in hunger. "I really should feed you," I mumbled.

Alex was at the counter sipping his coffee when he raised his head up. "Morning," he murmured.

"Mhmm."

I looked in the fridge, nothing making me crave it. I closed it and sat across from him. "Is Claire alright?"

He nodded. "If alright means crying herself to sleep, then yes, she's just fine." That note of sarcasm made me scratch my thighs with my nails.

"You know I didn't mean to say that-"

"What did you mean then? Did you even want that coming out your mouth?" Alex stood up and dropped his cup into the sink. "When you're ready to tell me what happened yesterday with you, then you're ready to tell Claire too."

He walked upstairs, leaving me with scratch marks on my thighs. I didn't bother to go back, but after hesitating for a few minutes, I finally walked up to see Claire getting ready for work.

I knocked on the door while biting my lip. This would not go well. "Hey," I mumbled.

"Hi," she said softly. "What's up?"

I stepped inside making sure that Harry was already gone. "I wanted to apologize for yesterday. The things that I said were-"

"True?" Claire put her hand on her hip as she leaned against her dresser while smirking. This was new.

"-wrong," I finished. "I didn't mean them."

"What did you mean then?" Another Alex, I thought.

I could feel my nails digging into the palm of my hands. What I would give to have my blade right now. "I just. . . I don't know. . . It's hard!" I threw my arms up in the air with all the anger boiling inside me.

"Where are your anxiety pills?" Claire blurted.

"I don't have any," I scoffed.

She raised an eyebrow before scavenging through her cabinet until a small pill bottle appeared in her hand. My breath got caught in my throat. 

"W-Where'd you get those?"

"Found them about two or three years ago. And I stupidly got you another bottle," she claimed. Another one was in her hand now. "And you threw them away too."

My nails dug deeper.

"How bout you tell me what you've been taking these last two years?" An almost satisfactory smile appeared on Claire's lips.

My anxiety level had risen up, maybe to the point where I had panic attacks. But I was fine, right now at least. "I don't need them anymore."

"A panic attack led you to the damn hospital, Maggie. You're telling me you don't need them?" Dammit.