Chapter Forty-Seven: Birthday Bash Part 2

A/N

I hope you guys love this chapter. I was kind of thinking what would happen if I put this idea in this chapter.

I managed to put it all together!

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Monday (sorry if there typos)
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Forty-Seven: Birthday Bash Part 2

I stayed by Reese's side the whole time. After the whole lights and letters appearing on my lawn, I didn't want to get away from him.

I felt more secure around him as the party grew even louder. At times we were sitting in the living room as we walked. More guests greeted us before some started to actually talk to us. I didn't feel the need to talk back, but I continued to talk for some reason.

"Why don't you wanna dance? Everyone is on the dance floor while the birthday girl is sitting down?" Reese asked.

I shrugged. "I don't want to. It's. . .awkward."

"Yet you danced with me at my father's grand extravaganza," he chuckled.

"That was different! You made me."

"If that's the only way. . ." Reese grabbed my hand, pulling me up as I tried to sit back down. Once he managed to pull me in the middle of the crowd, I froze in his hold. "Just relax," he whispered in my ear.

I gulped. The view in front of me was just people dancing. Dancing as if they didn't care. I was one of those people who actually did care what I looked like dancing. 

The music that was blasting from the speakers was upbeat. In other words, music that you had to drop down to. Literally!

People were going crazy and half of them I didn't even know. 

"Please don't make me," I pouted, "it's my birthday."

He gave me a sympathetic look before shaking his head. "You don't have to dance like them." Reese looked around while laughing to himself. "Just follow my lead."

He grabbed my hand in his, the warmth of it spreading across my body. His arm wrapped around my waist, bringing me closer to him as I tried to control myself.

"Just like at the party," he whispered.

It all started off slow. We were just moving to the music playing in our heads. Then it got faster, our feet going back and forth as the music grew louder. I could almost feel my heart want to leap out of my chest as we grew closer.

My head was resting on his shoulder while we swayed together. A soft sigh escaped my lips before the music stopped. We both parted away before Alex stopped beside the speakers as he put a microphone close to his lips.

"Alright everyone! I know you're enjoying the party, but food's ready if you're hungry!" With that the music began playing as people began scattering towards the kitchen. I could already smell the boxes of pizza that were laying on the kitchen counter.

"You hungry?" Reese asked.

No. . .

"Can we go outside?"