Chapter-Forty: Wake Up

A/N

I just wanna thank to all those amazing readers who have voted and commented on my story. I really appreciate the comments you leave and love you all for that.

I had to really think about this chapter because I'm kinda jumping from one date to another.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Wednesday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter-Forty: Wake Up

I sunk into the chair as I stared at her body. She just lied there. Almost dead, but still breathing.

I just wanted to scream out "Wake up!" so she could wake up. It seemed almost impossible for me to believe that Claire could actually wake up. It's been weeks and I was about to lose hope already.

My phone began vibrating as I picked it up, looking at the person who was calling me.

"Why now?" I groaned. I stood up and walked to the corner of the room, almost afraid that Claire could wake up any moment to only hear me talking to Reese. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" he asked instantly.

"Why?"

"Just tell me." He sounded almost urgent which made me arch a brow.

"In the hospital," I replied.

"Oh. . . How's your mom?"

With a quick glance over to her I sighed. "I guess okay. She's still in the damn coma."

There was a long pause. My breathing was quickening when I started to feel anxious. Why was I feeling anxious? There was no need to panic or feel nervous right now. So why was I almost going to scream through the phone?

"Is it O.K. if I come?" Reese blurted.

All my thoughts vanished when he asked that. He wanted to come? Here? Right now?

Why?

"Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. I thought it was the right thing."

"Did you think that I wouldn't want you coming?"

He sighed. "Kinda. . ."

Another glance at Claire made my stomach turn. Did I want Reese coming? Our friendship was getting strained and I had no idea why.

We'd been talking fewer times each day. It seemed weird to me that he would call before Thanksgiving since it was tomorrow.

Thanksgiving was tomorrow and Claire still wasn't awake.

"Um. . . I guess you could come," I mumbled.

He said a quick ok before hanging up. I felt my heart pound harder against my chest.

What the hell had I just done?

Now I had to talk to Reese. I had to actually start a conversation with him without it becoming awkward. Awkward to the point where he'd make up a lame excuse just to leave.