Chapter Twenty-Four: Rules

A/N

Here's another chapter for you guys! I tried doing my best on this one, I'm not sure if I like it though, but hopefully you guys do!

Also, I've been thinking about publishing a new story. I still have to think it through, but comment (please) if you guys would want me to.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Monday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Twenty-Four: Rules

Once we arrived at school, Reese led me to the PE field where we say at the bleachers. I pulled my sleeves to my hands since the weather was getting colder.

I'd end up getting sick by next month. Bleh.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I finally asked. Reese had sent me a text this morning saying that we needed to talk, A.S.A.P..

He looked down at his feet for a movement before staring at me with his icy blue eyes. "We didn't really discuss the rules of the whole deal," he said.

"Rules? As in no kissing?"

"That's one," he chuckled. A small smile spread on my lips. "But there's two more."

I quirked my eyebrow. "Two more? Well? What are they?"

Reese looked down at his feet again, as if these two rules were the hardest things to say. "Rule number two, you can't tell anybody about this."

"You've made that pretty clear from the start."

"Rule number three. . .you can't fall for me."

My throat went dry. "What?"

He didn't bother looking at me. "You can't fall for me. Simple as that."

Right, it's simple to not fall for you when you're always kissing my neck. "What makes you think I would?" I suddenly blurted.

Reese smirked. "It's me, Sweetheart."

"You're too cocky for me."
*******

I stood outside the school with my nose buried in my notebook. I had a major test tomorrow for Chem, plus some vocabulary words to memorize for English.

Overall, I would fuck it all up.

The twins said they would take me to their house for a girls' night out. How would I survive it? No idea.

"How long does it take you guys to say goodbye?" I blurted once they arrived.

"When it's your boyfriend, it takes a long time," Nikki smirked. "You should know."

My stomach turned. I sat in the back seat, playing with my hazel hair while the twins chatted away. For the entire ride I couldn't stop thinking about Reese's rules about this stupid deal.

It's not like I would ever fall for him. I wouldn't, that's for sure. Until then I realized that we weren't in the neighborhood, but the highway. "Um. . .? Where are we going?"