Chapter Twenty-Eight: I'm Avoiding Him Because I Hate Him

A/N

Sorry this chapter is short, but I wanted to leave it in a cliffhanger. You'll read at the end.

I should've said this, or at least mentioned, that you guys can pm me anytime. Just know that I won't respond as quickly. Feel free to leave me any suggestions, questions, or anything (but bad things).

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy.

Next Update: Thursday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Twenty-Eight: I'm Avoiding Him Because I Hate Him

Alex was sitting on my bed, staring at me intently while I finished some homework.

After what seemed like forever I finally muttered, "What, Alex?"

"Something's bothering you."

"Really?" I said sarcastically before rolling my eyes.

He snatched my pencil away from me, making me punch him before he stood up to place it on my shelf. "Alex! I'm trying to do homework!"

"Tell me what's bothering you, lil sis," he begged.

"Nothing," I sighed.

He continued to stare at me. Why was he such an asshole sometimes? "Lil sis. . .? Anytime now?"

"I told you nothing is wrong-"

"Cut the bullshit," he snapped. My eyes grew wide in surprise from what he said. The only time Alex ever cursed at me was whenever I was being stubborn. I guess right now was the right time. "Is it about Reese?"

My stomach turned from hearing his name. It's been two days since I've spoken to him, and I wasn't planning on doing it anytime soon. It was hard enough for me to try to avoid him all day yesterday and today at school.

The twins were trying to get whatever 'secret' I was keeping in that made me avoid Reese the entire day.

I simply responded by saying, "I'm avoiding him because I hate him. That's my reason."

Seemed reasonable to me at the time. Now it didn't. It seemed like the stupidest excuse I could ever come up with.

"Maggie?" Alex said. He waved his hand in front of my face, bringing me back to reality which made me frown. "Tell me what he did."

"It's nothing. . . I'm just having relationship problems, that's all." Stupid, stupid excuse Maggie.

He stared at me before sighing. "Well, just wanted to tell you that he's downstairs waiting for you."

I gaped my mouth open in shock. "What!?" I snapped.

"He's downstairs, or. . ." Alex opened the door to a smiling Reese. Although, the smile held sadness and regret.

My heart began to pound when Alex let him in and closed the door behind him. I covered my face with my hands, sighing as my body trembled. I tried to take deep breaths, my nails were almost digging into my forehead.

"Are you planning on talking to me like that?" he suddenly asked. I could feel the smirk on his face.

"I wasn't planning on talking to you at all," I muffled through my hands. By now sweat was already making me gasp for air, so I put them down but kept my head down the entire time. "What are you doing here?"

"To talk." I felt him sit on my bed, making me pull up my legs up to my chest. "Since you kinda avoided me these past two days."

"Well what do you expect? You want me running up to you and pleading for your forgiveness?" I snarled, "you're the one who's supposed to apologize to me."

He looked stunned from my reaction. "Apologize for making out with Bridget? Sweetheart, you said we weren't even in a real relationship."

"That downstairs mean you go around kissing other girls! God. . . This is the exact same argument we had! Why can't you open those damn eyes of yours and see my point?"

"Because you can't see my point either," he sighed.

"Your point? The point that you're a fuckboy? I think I understand that point and it's clear to everyone!"

Reese stood up from my bed, his body stiffening while displaying an upset face. "I didn't fuck her-"

"But you still kissed her!"

"Are you jealous or something? Is that it?" he asked. I curled my hands into fists. He wasn't getting the point and was now changing the subject!

"I'm not jealous-"

"You're acting as if you were. Tell me, are you jealous of me kissing another girl. Even for a minute?"

"You're so ignorant!" I shouted. "I don't care if you kissed her, but others do. What if somebody else saw you? Our little act would finally be over and you can fuck all the girls you want."

I got off the other side of the bed, stomping into my bathroom and locking it. I leaned against the door. My face had grown hot from the anger that had built inside of me in a split second. 

Reese knocked on the door several times, calling my name out. "Maggie? Open up."

"Please. . . Please leave," I stammered, "just leave me the fuck alone."

I heard him knock again. After a few seconds passed I heard someone shut the door. 

My legs were up to my chest. Somehow I managed to touch my stomach, the bumpiness of the scars making my fingers tremble. I looked up slowly to my cabinet. The voice inside my head told me to do it, it nearly begged me to. 

There was hesitation when the blade finally touched my fingertips. I couldn't bring myself to do it, but I was so angry with myself. My stupid fucking self.

 The tip of the blade scraped against my index finger, causing a bit of blood to slide down. 

My back faced the door while I lifted up my shirt. "Just one cut," I whispered to myself. "Just one."

And I did. But I didn't do just one. I did it twice, then three times, finally turning to four when I heard the door open behind me.

My eyes widened as I put my blade underneath my leg, the blood staining my fingers and floor.

I gasped when I realized who the person was when he spoke.

"Maggie?" Alex gawked.