Chapter Fifty-Nine: He's Been In Love?

A/N

Hello my lovelies! Here is a new update for you wonderful readers and I'm going to cut this short because my phone is about to die and I want to upload this chapter as soon as possible.

So please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Saturday (sorry this chapter was short by the way)
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Fifty-Nine: He's Been In Love?

My head rested against the headboard as I sighed. For a minute I could hear yelling outside and it sounded like Alex's voice. I blinked twice and realized it was all in my head.

How long have I been locked in this room? It's been a while, about an hour or two and all I could wonder was where the hell was Reese?

He hadn't come up at all, not even to knock or ask how I was doing. Did he finally get the message of the invisible Do No Disturb sign? If he did then he's stupid because this was the one time I actually wanted him to come.

After that kiss I was messed up.

I hadn't even thought about the kiss. I sat up straight, my eyes growing wide when I realized what we had done. What I had done!

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I muttered to myself.

And then I said that I loved him. That I loved Reese. Well I said that to myself because there was no way in hell that I wanted him knowing. I'm sure now that he knew that I felt something for him. I mean, after that whole scenario in the kitchen I was done with saying that I didn't feel anything towards him.

When I finally decided to go downstairs and face everything, I found myself in the wrong room. Where the hell was I?

I went down the stairs, went straight and apparently ended up in some other place that definitely did not look like the kitchen.

There were multiple canvases, jars filled with paint or paint brushes, and unfinished portraits that looked too old to even remember.

I looked at each one until I came across one that caught my eye. It was a girl who had hazel eyes and long blonde hair. Her lips were the palest shade of pink but still had a beautiful form to them. And she had freckles that were visible even in the dark.

At the bottom of the portrait were two initials written: RM. Reese Matthews. It had to be. Or it could be the initials for the girl. But the name Caitlin was written beneath the initials. It didn't just say her name, it said -for Caitlin.

"What are you doing here?"

I quickly turned around to find Raven narrowing her eyes at me, almost daggers trying to shoot out of them.

"Reese-"

"No. I know the idiot of my brother brought you here, but I thought you guys already had enough sleepovers for four days."

I bit my lip. I seriously needed to stop doing that! "I had some problems at home and Reese let me stay over."

She raised her eyebrows. If Reese wasn't intimidating enough, his sister definitely was. "With your brother?"

From the sound of it she must really hate my brother. "Kinda," I mumbled.

"I'm guessing you know what happened with us."

Before or after?

"He told me. . . I don't know if I know the real reason why. . ."

"Of why we started or broke up?"

How many days did they even go out? Or weeks? Was it weeks? Alex had been hiding this from me so I couldn't tell how long they had been together.

"I don't know how you exactly started-"

"Well I thought he was hot and he thought I was hot so we gave it a try. Simple."

That seemed to shut me up.

Raven sighed. "You know why we broke up?"

I gulped. Why was it that this family always caused me to be this nervous. "Did he cheat?" The question came out flat, as if I cared less if he had cheated or not when I really wanted to know.

"You saw her didn't you?"

I wasn't even thinking that! "Yes," I mumbled.

She scoffed. "You saw her yesterday then. And then you must've yelled at him and things went haywire so you decided to crash here."

What was she? A psychic? "He's an idiot," was all I could say.

"I know he is. I'm glad you're not an idiot." With that she left, leaving me dumbfounded, shocked, and just in disbelief.

What just happened?

I walked out of what I guess was the Art Room and tried finding the kitchen. Or at least the front door.

When I finally gave up I went back upstairs to Reese's room that was empty. Where was he!?

When he got back from wherever he was I was going to scream at him. It's not nice to leave the girl you just kissed in your own home with nothing to do and where she could get lost!

My eyes wandered around it when I saw the stairs leading up to the bookcase. He wouldn't mind me looking at his books. They were just books so no harm.

Every shelf had at least a dozen books stacked against each other. Each row was either organized by alphabet of the book's name, color, and even size! He was more organized than me.

Then I saw her. Her picture was on a small round table next to his bookcase. Her hazel eyes and long blond hair were the first thing you saw before I saw him. He had his arms wrapped around her neck, kissing her cheek while she closed her eyes and smiled.

I picked the frame up to get a closer look. My eyes were still on the picture, on how happy they looked until I saw what was written behind it:

When I realized that I was in love with you from the first day we met. . . -Caitlin

My throat went dry. He never told me. He never told me that he had been in love and that a girl had loved him. Why was this so offensive to me? Why did I feel like it was?

I didn't have the right. We only kissed once! That didn't make us anything.

Why was I feeling like crap now?

I was setting the frame down when I saw his shadow appear. Before I could even set it down properly he appeared in front of him, kneeling to get face-to-face while narrowing his eyes.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked.

What had I gotten myself into?