Chapter Thirty-Five: Why?

A/N

I know this may be a short chapter, sorry, but I have a lot to think about.

Sure I've got all my ideas for this book, but I need to start planning it out so for the next chapter I will do a better job than this.

Also, please check out my other story, Addict Love, because I will only update that book until it gets more reads.

Next Update: Thursday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Thirty-Five: Why?

"Why? Why. . . Why do you do this to yourself?" Reese asked almost immediately.

We sat in the car now. The gang had already left to the yogurt shop while it was just me confronting my biggest fear; telling the truth.

"Cause I just do!" I finally shouted with a sigh escaping me. He stared at me for a while. A concerned, worried expression on his face. "I j-just do it. It's part of my life now, it's part of my damn lifestyle. Alright!?"

I didn't look at Reese anymore. I couldn't, at least. With the guilt flowing inside me, it made me want to grab my blade and glide it across my skin.

Scratching myself hadn't been enough these past days. It didn't help me but just made the feeling worse.

I needed my blade.

"Look, I don't want to talk about it. I have my brother already-"

"Your brother knows!" he exclaimed.

I groaned. "Yes! He freakin knows and I haven't cut since then! Because I promised him that if stop-"

"You can't just stop that fucking habit of yours," he snapped. "It's part of your life. You said it yourself."

My throat went dry. This conversation was like a ticking bomb. Every second I would blow up and scream, then the other he was and here we were, screaming like crazy people.

"I have to go." I opened up the car door before he grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere else than here! I told you already. I don't want to talk about it." With that I snatched my arm away and walked out. Reese walked out of the car before I started running.

If I wasn't in so mechanic, I probably wouldn't have been able to outrun him. 

The more I ran, the more I panicked. I felt like I would have a panic attack at any moment. I could hear Reese's yells disappear behind me as I ran until I couldn't take it anymore.

I stopped in front of an abandoned liquid store.

My eyes scanned the whole area before realizing that I was stuck in the lower part of town. I hadn't been here before, and it looked like no one had been here for a while.

I sat down on a bench in front of the store, rubbing my clammy hands together to get rid of the sweat.

My heart continued to pound against my chest before a honk startled me. Thinking it was Reese, I got up, ready to run when the honk made me stumble back.

"What the hell?" I muttered. A car door opened when I saw Bronx step out. "Bronx?"

"Hi, Maggie? I didn't expect to see you here," he mumbled while scratching the back of his neck.