Chapter Forty-Four: Do You Want To Kill Me!?

A/N

I'm very sorry for this late, late update. Believe me, it'll be the last time I do this because school is starting next week and I'll be falling asleep way more earlier than one am.

We're almost at 10k by they way and it'd be really awesome to reach that! Thank you guys!

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Saturday (sorry for typos by the way)
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Forty-Four: Do You Want To Kill Me!?

Reese was gripping onto the handle that was stuck on top of the car while I laughed. "You're crazy on the streets, did you know that?" he mumbled.

"My brother actually told me that!" I exclaimed before laughing again.

He looked at me as if I were crazy. Like I didn't know that already.

"I understand there's no cars around here but can you slow down? Do you want to kill me?"

More laughter erupted from me. "Calm down. It's not like-" The car stopped abruptly, causing us to jerk forward with our seat belts choking us.

"What the hell did you do now?" he muttered.

"Shut up," I shot back.

I got out the car, taking a peek before realizing that I had accidentally hit a mailbox. Well that's stereotypical for a new driver.

"Who's mailbox did you hit!" Reese shouted from the car.

"I don't know!" How was I supposed to know. I checked if there was any name or something until a door opened up to the house with the owner of the mailbox. "Time to run!"

I got back in the car, already speeding away without putting on my seatbelt. Reese was laughing so hard that he had to breathe for a second before bursting into laughter again.

"What!?" I shouted frantically.

"Y-You j-just-"

"Speak like a human being!"

It took a minute to finally catch his breath before speaking. "I can't believe you just left it lying there."

"What did you expect me to do? Get a hammer and nail the damn thing down again?"

"Calm down. . . Anyways, did you happen to see the owner?" To this point I was too focused on what had happened to even answer his question. "Did you?" Reese repeated.

"No!" He burst into more laughter. "Seriously, I'm going to punch your balls if you don't shut up."

"I'm sorry. But you really didn't see-"

"Do you not know what the word no means?"

"Well since you're just dying to know. It was Bridget."

I pressed on the breaks, almost choking myself again before turning my attention towards Reese. "What?" I snapped.

"Yeah. It was Bridget-"

"She didn't see us, right?"

"I don't think so. . . You seemed worried about that. Why?"

I bit my lip. I did this way too much. "I'm not worried. I mean, I'm worried about-"

"I know you're not worried about the mailbox. You're worried about something else."

More lip biting. Ever since Reese overheard my stupid conversation with Bridget, he's been trying to bring the topics back up at any given moment.