Chapter Twenty-Three: The Truth Hurts

A/N

Did my presentation today! And I feel very good about it! Wooh! I'm just really happy right now.

Anyways, please read, vote, comment, and enjoy.

Next Update: Saturday (I need time to enjoy) :)
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Twenty-Three: The Truth Hurts

Nikki and Maddie met up with me at the mall today. We lounged at the food courts for a while before going into some fancy store to look for some homecoming dresses.

They both chose some flashy dresses, ones that had revealing cleavages and sides that were bare. I chose a blush colored dress that reached above my knees, the sweetheart neckline made a smile form on my lips.

While we were in the dressing room, I sneaked into the one where both twins were. They had been filing their nails and talking about how they'd do their hair as I sat on the small bench.

Apparently my expressions here ranged from sad to looking depressed. "You've been silent the entire time, Maggie. What the hell is going on with you?" Maddie finally asked.

So many things, I was ready to say. I responded with, "Reese and I aren't really dating!" That escalated pretty quickly. . .

Both twins had their mouth gaped open with wide eyes in shock. Then they stared laughing as if the words that just came out of my mouth was a complete joke. Once they noticed my seriousness they pressed their lips together. 

"Wait? You're serious?" Nikki baffled.

I nodded my head. "We've been faking it the entire time. We haven't been really dating at all." I felt huge weights being lifted off my shoulders, but not a lot to make me feel better.

"What the hell? What in the actual hell?" Maddie exclaimed. "How'd this all happen? Why is this happening first of all?"

So I explained everything. Since the night of the party to yesterday when Reese asked me to homecoming. At the end they looked serious and dead cold. Dead freakin cold.

"What? So Reese wants to prove to his parents that he can keep an actual relationship?" Maddie asked.

"And he's threatening you in other words," Nikki added.

I shrugged, unable to answer their questions when they were right anyways. Maddie shook her head repeatedly. "No! Reese wouldn't do that. Not even with the new girl, no offense Maggie, but he wouldn't do that."

Nikki nodded her head along. I simply stared at them in confusion. 

"What?" I sighed.

"He isn't the type of guy that would do something like this. We've known him for a long time, Maggie. And we know for sure as hell that Reese wouldn't ask a favor like that to only impress his parents."

"Then what is he looking for?"

Both twins smirked at each other. I didn't like where this was going. "Reese feels something for you," Nikki finally said.

I stood up in protest. There was no way Reese would ever have an interest in me. Never! Never in a million damn years! "Hell no! Hell to the no!" I muttered. "That day he asked me out was only a week of knowing him. I only talked to him for three days!"

Maddie quirked an eyebrow with a twitch of her lips. "It doesn't take long to be lovestruck."

My heart sank to my stomach. "Reese doesn't like me that way. We're only friends in a fake relationship," I explained.

The twins didn't look satisfied with my response. Instead they walked out saying that they'd buy their dresses while I finished trying mine on. I still hadn't put it on so I grabbed it off the hanger and took my shirt off.

The scars reflecting off their mirror made me swallow hard as I slipped into the blush colored dress. It looked nice, nothing too revealing or flashy. I smiled at myself until I remembered the reason why I was getting this dress.

This stupid lie was making me feel guilty.

The twins were sitting at some chairs beside the dressing room with their purchased dresses. I went to the cashier and received a warm smile until she said, "Homecoming dress?"

I nodded with a small smile.
******

By the time I got back home, Claire and Harry were already sleeping cozily in their bedroom. Alex was still in his room watching a recent baseball game.

I closed my door quietly before stripping out of my clothes until I was in my bra and panties. Then I walked inside my bathroom and stared at my body.

The scene made me gulp. From the recent stitches that I had applied on myself, I not only made the scars worse, but they also looked fresh. I decided to pull and stick on some bandages for now.

Then I put on some sweats and a tee before climbing into bed. My mind instantly went to Reese. What was I even doing? What was I even thinking?

I'm probably going mad. I mean, I've been going mad for a long time.

But it was Reese! Reese Matthews who was changing me. Not only my persona at school, but me in general. I was lying to my foster parents, to my brother, to my own friends!

The lies were getting overwhelming too. But what was even more overwhelming was Reese. He knew how to control everything the way he wanted them to be. He knew how to control me.

At first he's a jerk to you. That hot jerk. Then he's this soft guy who actually cares about what you're feeling! That hot soft jerk he was. Stupid idiot. I bit my lips as I tried to close my eyes.

Nothing was happening, and for a second I actually thought about texting Reese. Instead, I grabbed my camera and looked through the photos I had taken at Reese's warehouse. Which only led me to think more about him.

What the hell was wrong with me? What was wrong with me? I needed serious help.

I ran a hand through my hair as I remembered about the twins' conversation with me today.

There was no way, not even in another dimension, that Reese could ever have feelings for me. He asked me to be his fake girlfriend because I owed him. Simple as that. It's final!

We just owed each other something. That's all. That's it. That's final. No feelings at all. No feelings at all for each other, not any for one another.

It's simple.

We were friends in a fake relationship.

That was simple, right?