Chapter Nineteen: Stars

A/N

Mom's b-day so I had to update early! Just a big thanks for you wonderful people who take time to read my story and voting for it!

Sorry if there's any errors, don't know when I'll fix them but I will!

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy.

Next Update: Thursday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Nineteen: Stars

If Reese's idea of "having fun" was being at a warehouse, then he must be crazy.

"A warehouse? This is your definition of fun?" I scoffed.

Reese smiled while parking the car. "To be honest, warehouses can be fun."

I stepped out into the chilly air, my hair getting in my face while I looked at the warehouse. It was pretty tall, broken windows here and there with a few scraps of cloths having from them.

"Come here." I followed Reese until we were right in front of two huge metal doors. They had at least three chains locking the whole place up, but knowing Reese I bet he had a key or something to get in.

And as guessed, he took it out from his pocket. He picked at the locks until they came off, all the chains falling quickly to the ground. Was it weird that they all belonged to the same key? Reese grabbed the handles and pulled the doors wide open enough for me to see inside.

The place was dark except for a wide broken window that let in the moonlight to form a small square on the hard ground.

Walking inside the lights turned on. Reese held a panel in his hand that controlled the switches. With the place being illuminated it looked like any other run down warehouse.

If you excluded the part where a huge canvas laid in front of us with paint splattered all over it creating a breathtaking scene.

"You painted this?" I gawked, my hands fumbling in the air. "You never told me you could paint."

"I don't have to tell you everything," Reese mocked.

I scowled at him.

"Look, I'll show you what inspired me to paint this." I followed him up some stairs before we were up in an elevator. Inside he pushed a button that read ROOFTOP, the movement of the elevator making my heart drop.

Once we reached the top, Reese grabbed my hand and dragged me to go on another rooftop until I saw the sky. There were millions of stars gazing over us, each one having its own special twinkle.

It was a full moon tonight, which made the scene even more beautiful than any other night sky I'd seen. "This is what inspired you?"

"I only do it when it's the full moon though," Reese explained, "it's a better scene then just a crescent shape."

That I had to agree on. Full moons made it all better.

A few minutes passed until we were sitting, my hands leaning behind me against the concrete ground. Reese laid beside me with his arm crossed behind his head.

"Do you know how to paint?" Reese asked, his eyes focusing on the sky.

"No. I suck at painting!" The last time I painted I had tried to paint a tree which turned out to look like a foot, a very disgusting looking foot. I'm not proud, might I add.