Chapter Fifty-Five: Family Portraits

A/N

This is pretty much a short chapter right now. Hopefully the next one will be a bit longer and I hope you guys enjoyed this one!

I've been so happy with all the comments, so thanks to the people who have been commenting amazing things in my book!

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Saturday (going somewhere Friday, sorry guys)
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Fifty-Five: Family Portraits

I found myself swatting away something that was bothering my nose. Whatever it was continued to bother me until my eyes finally shot open, groaning as the sunlight burned them.

I understood it was Spring time, but couldn't it be gloomy for once?

I groaned even louder and more when I noticed that my stupid hair had been bothering my nose. I threw it back before closing my eyes, only getting some shut eye for a few seconds until the door slammed open.

"What the hell?" I groaned, putting my head under the pillow before someone pulled it off me. "Hey!"

"Get up lazyass, time to go swimming!" Reese shouted.

My eyes squinted at the clock. "It's barley nine in the morning!"

He shrugged. "So? It's good to wake the body early with some fresh water."

"Not mine," I mumbled before covering my head with the covers. Reese sighed, pulling the covers off my as I tried yanking them back. "I'm too tired!"

"I don't care, and nobody else does. They're all already in the lake."

Another groan escaped me. "Fine. . ."

If everyone was already down there, then might as well take a swim. I kicked Reese out of the room before brushing my teeth, changing into another long tank top and bikini before heading out.

The morning wasn't as cold as I expected, even if the sun was beginning to leave the sky. Everyone was already swimming in the lake when I finally stood in front of it.

I tried keeping my eyes off Luke, but it was hard to even think of. You kissed him last night and planned to not acknowledge it? Idiot plan, Maggs.

"Where's Matt?" I asked Maddie who was rubbing the water from her eyes.

"Making some breakfast," she said before going underwater again.

He was technically our own chef.

My foot lightly touched the water, shivering instantly. Why did they get in? Even Summer was in the cold water, showing off her small belly that everyone knew about now.

It was pretty noticeable from this point.

"What are you waiting for?" Reese asked, shaking his head as water droplets flew from his hair. Why did that seem so cute? Why was he always cute?

"Waiting for it to get warm," I said sarcastically, almost smirking at the end.

"I'll pull you in if you don't get in," he smirked.