Chapter Thirty: Hate Is A Strong Word

A/N

School is finally over!! And I'm officially entering high school! Which means more work and stress but let's not think about that right now.

Also, we got 1k reads on this story! 1k freaking reads! I haven't stopped smiling inside since I've seen that number.

Thank you amazing readers. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!

And please read, vote, comment, and enjoy.

Next Update: Wednesday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Thirty: Hate Is A Strong Word

I sat down beside Nikki as she contemplated to me.

"I mean, what if she is pregnant? What are Mom and Dad going to say? What is Matt going to say? What is-"

"Nikki!" I whispered yelled. "Everything will be okay. You're literally worrying for your sister."

"Well I'm sorry. But if she's pregnant than we have a major problem."

A sigh escaped my lips when I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I took it out thinking that it'd be Alex or Claire for my sake, but it was Reese who had left me two voicemails that I chose to delete.

"Who's that?" Nikki asked as she took a peek. I hid my phone underneath my hand while slipping a small shrug.

"No one important." My phone began to vibrate again.

Nikki raised her eyebrow while leaning back and forth in the chair. "Doesn't seem like it."

Biting my lip, I stood up and walked off to the corner before answering the phone with, "What the hell do you want?"

"We need to talk," Reese said over the phone. He had a stern tone while slurring a bit. "Come to my-"

"Are you drunk?"

"What. . .? No! It's just. . .just a really, really bad hangover."

My blood boiled. "I'm not talking to you at all! Can't you understand that I hate you and never want to see you in my life?"

"Ouch," he sighed. "Can you please come? I really need to talk to you-"

"About something that I'm not interested in," I cut in, "so no thank you and bye!"

This time I made sure to turn off my phone for the meantime. I didn't want any Reese drama right now. Maddie needed her sister and I don't want him messing up my thoughts.

But there was a sick feeling in my stomach which caused me to go to the bathroom and kneel over the toilet. I hadn't eaten anything but I felt like I needed to throw up. At least when I tried to nothing came out. There was almost relief spreading through my body when it didn't.

When I came out, Nikki was standing right outside the door which caused me jump back a bit. "You okay?" she asked suspiciously.

"Yeah. . . I had a headache," I lied.

She quirked her brow at me in even more suspicion if that was even possible. "Was that Reese that you were nearly yelling at?"

"No," I scoffed. "My brother."

"Your brother? So you hate him," she replied flatly.

"Did you listen to everything?"

"Everyone listened. . .at least I heard."