Chapter Thirty-Four: He Can Kiss Anybody He Wants

A/N

I know I usually update earlier but I've been pretty much procrastinating. . .hehe. My bad.

Sorry.

Anyways, here is a new chapter that I hope you guys love! I really worked hard on this one because I was a bit indecisive about the ending, but I made it happen!

You'll just have to wait and read.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Saturday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Thirty-Four: He Can Kiss Anybody He Wants

I sunk into my chair as a sigh escaped my lips.

Alex forced me to come to school today even if I chose not to. I told him repeatedly that I was too worried about Claire and Harry to think about school.

While at the bleachers with the twins they asked me what was going on. "Don't think we haven't seen you with Reese lately," Nikki blurted.

I felt too tired to even listen or care what they were saying. Instead I said, "I just want to go to sleep!"

Both of them switched glances before the guys came running up. The twins with their boyfriends, Bronx running off to get Summer, Luke and Jose playing a card game while Andrew was absent today, and Reese sitting in front of me with the same grim expression as mine.

"Anything new?" he asked, hope filling his piercing blue eyes.

"No," I sighed as I buried my head in my arms. "Nothing. Claire's still in a fucking coma and Harry is. . . I don't even know how he's doing, fuck. . ."

Then he did something that surprised me the most.

Reese grabbed my hands, folded them into his, and kissed them making my stomach feel weird. "I promise that everything will be alright," he smiled.

"Thanks," I smiled back.

We just stared at each other for a minute. The small scar on his cheek made me knit my eyebrows before noticing that he was looking at me with a puzzled expression.

"Hey lovebirds!" Dylan yelled. We both looked at him in annoyance. "Bell rang and foods ready!"

They scurried down the bleachers, leaving Reese and I alone. We waited until they were out of sight when I felt Reese's stare on me again.

"What?" I asked innocently.

He shook his head smiling with his lip twitching a bit. "I don't know. . ." He opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it. "Let's go."

The tone of his voice made me ache inside. What the hell? Why was he acting so cold now? A second ago he was kissing my hands, staring at me as if he. . . No. Reese wouldn't have any feelings for me. He's the one who stated that we should be friends.

And it should stay that way.

I walked down the bleachers behind him, frowning when he started walking without me. Again I questioned his attitude until we were back inside. There weren't many students since it was Nutrition right now, but there were a lot of stares coming Reese and I's way.

The stares made me feel anxious which led me to clench my fists together until I was at the Cafeteria. There I sat beside Luke who encouraged me to join in SlapJack with Jose.