Chapter Thirty-One: Let's Be Friends

A/N

Celebrating because I've been having a lot of fun and this break is needed to have fun! Hope you amazing readers are having a lot of fun in your summer vacation.

Also, I started a new story called Damaged which I hope you guys can check out too!

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy this chapter that I absolutely love at this moment.

Next Update: Saturday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Thirty-One: Let's Be Friends

My eyes scanned the entire portrait in front of me. It was huge, that was one thing. It was beautiful, that was another. But the one word that summed it up was amazing.

Amazing didn't even fit it.

Spectacular.

"You painted this?" I gawked.

Reese nodded with a small smile. All of a sudden he appeared shy to me which shocked me even more. "I've been working on this one for a while. I haven't really shown anybody. . ." He scratched the back of his neck which made me melt inside.

Get it together, Maggie!

"So I'm the first one to see it?"

Reese nodded again with a small smile. "I'm not sure if I want to show the gang yet. They don't really know I paint."

"They don't? How the hell do they not know?"

He shrugged. "I've kept it pretty hidden to be honest."

I stepped closer to the painting as my fingertips gilded over the wall. You're think it was rough but the gravel was strangely smooth, which made the painting on it seem more incredible.

The pair of twins were there, Maddie and Nikki, Jimmy and Timmy. Bronx hugging Summer while she laughed in his embrace. Matt and Dylan wrapping their arms around their girlfriends' waists. Luke, Andrew, and Jose with their arms over each other's shoulders and smiling.

But what shocked me more was the fact that Reese and I weren't there. My heart sank to my stomach.

Why didn't he paint either of us?

"Where are you. . .or me?"

Reese stepped beside me while admiring his masterpiece. "I didn't know how to paint us. As a couple or as friends? I didn't want to screw things over."

I stayed speechless for a minute or two. Now it's your turn to say something, Maggie. Just say something and quick.

"Look, Maggie. You don't have to say anything. I know you're probably still upset with me, but I want you to know that if you want the deal to be over. . .then it's over," Reese sighed.

I stared at him in surprise and confusion. "It's over?"

"If you want it to be. And no, I won't tell your family about that night. I just want things to be fixed between us."

This whole conversation was starting to get deep. My state right now was nothing that I could describe. "And how would you fix this whole mess?" I blurted.

My tone came out a bit harsh, which meant that I was still upset. But I wasn't upset about our fight anymore, at least not that much. Now I was upset about a whole other thing.

"Let's be friends," Reese finally said.

My eyebrow quirked at him in suspicion. Was he serious? After all of this. After this deal that came with a whole mess, he wanted to be friends so we could fix things?