Chapter Sixty-Six: Uncovered

A/N

Yes short chapter. And I'm sorry for that, but I'm saving all the details for the next few chapters. And IN the next few chapters will be confession time.

Just a heads-up.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Saturday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Sixty-Six: Uncovered

We were staying in the motel blocks away from the penitentiary since it was pitch black outside once we left.

Alex was sleeping in the bed next to mine while Claire and Harry slept in the room next to ours. I was staring at one pillow that had an orange stain on the side before I threw it to the ground.

"Definitely not sleeping with that," I mumbled.

Alex came in with bags of fast food before throwing a hamburger towards me. "Take off the onion rings. I know you hate them," he said.

Halfway through my hamburger I felt my stomach turned. Alex noticed and asked if I was okay. "Yeah. . . Still a little overwhelmed."

"You already talked to the guy, Maggs. You let everything out."

"I still feel like shit. Saying everything to him won't make me feel better instantly." Alex sighed. "What did you tell him anyways? You stayed in there longer than I did."

He scratched the back of his neck. "Just talked about mom. . . How Claire and Harry have been-"

"That's all?" I insisted.

"Yes."

I felt hot and sticky the entire night. My head was hurting and I couldn't even focus to sleep. Was it this hard to get some shut-eye!?

I finally walked out into the cold air. Coming out here with just a tee and sweats wasn't the best idea in the world. I would probably get sick by tomorrow.

There was a liquor store right across from the motel. The lights were still on, the clerk counting the money behind the counter. I went back inside the room and grabbed twenty bucks from my wallet before going downstairs to cross the street.

The clerk stared at me for a few seconds before returning his attention to his money. I went to the freezers and found a bottle of beer, taking out the cheapest one and putting it on the counter. The clerk didn't show much interest into how old I looked, but he took the twenty bucks and gave me the change.

I stared at the bottle in my hand, freezing it with ice dripping from its side. I always wondered why Dad loved this drink. He drank it every night until he was completely wasted and didn't have the energy to drink anymore.

After I managed to get the cap off, I brought the edge to my lips. The taste of it hitting them made me throw the rest away. Why did people like drinking this stuff? I couldn't even bring myself to take a small sip.

In the morning we were already in the car while I slept in the back seat. Last night I only had gotten five hours of sleep while I contemplated everything. Every little thing was bothering me last night after I bought that beer.

Once we got home I fell into bed and slept for the next four hours. By the time I woke up it was already eight o'clock. Now I wouldn't be able to fall asleep at night.

After taking a shower, I put my hair into a ponytail before feeling lightheaded. I thought I was about to throw up when I completely blacked out, hitting my head hard against something.

------

The smell of the hospital hit my nose instantly.

My eyes opened rapidly, the first thing they saw was the IV attached to my hand. I tried moving my head when I felt something rough around it.

With a heavy hand, I touched the bandage that had been wrapped around my hair at least four times until it strapped it down securely.

My stomach was growling at me and felt sick at the same time. My pain was eating away the hunger that was killing me inside.

Then I noticed Claire and Harry talking to my doctor. Both had worried expressions until Claire rubbed her eyes. I noticed a tear roll down her cheek.

My heart began pounding against my chest, hard and loud when I started hyperventilating. The doctor was telling them something, something bad. What was he telling them? My hands gripped the edges of the sheets.

Once they stepped in I was already crying. From the looks on their faces I already knew what the doc had told them.

"Why didn't you tell us that you had bulimia?" Claire said.

"I-I'm sorry-"

"Don't tell us your sorry!" she blurted.

I choked back my tears.

"Why didn't you tell us that you have bulimia!? Do you know how much it can affect you!? It can kill you!"

I brought my knees up to my chest, my face getting buried into them before I started crying even more. "I'm sorry!" I finally yelled. "I'm sorry. . . I didn't want you worrying-"

"How long have you had it?" she asked. "How long!?"

"A long time," I mumbled.

Claire ran her fingers through her hair. She had tears running down her chin that stained the top of her blouse. Harry stood there and for the first time I saw him cry. He was stressed as much as Claire was right now.

"Maggie, you need to get help. You can't keep living like this and we're not going to allow that. You have to go into a clinic."

I finally felt defeated. I couldn't say no this time. Claire knew what I had. Harry knew. Hell, Alex would find out in an hour or two. I had to listen this time and I had no choice.

"Please Maggie. We can't let you live like this anymore," Claire begged.

I just wanted to get the hell out of here. With a final sigh I said, "Just give me a month then."

"A month?" Harry finally asked. His tears were already gone and now just held no expression.

"A month," I repeated. "Just give me a month. Please."

"Why? Why would you need a month?"

To explain everything, I thought.

"Just give me a month and I promise I'll get into a clinic," I said.

Claire and Harry switched glances before sighing. "Alright then. We'll give you a month and that's it. After it's done you're going into a clinic."

I just needed a month to explain everything.