Chapter Fifty-Eight: We're Together Again?

Start from the beginning

We were making breakfast together as if this was a normal routine. As if this was just us as a couple that we never really were.

My worried expression disappeared when I felt him stand behind me, my fingers gripped the counter even tighter than before. I tried calming my breathing when I felt his hand brush against my shoulder, moving a strand of my hair behind me.

"Reese?" I whispered. That's all that could come out of my mouth before I slowly turned around, my heart beat going by faster each second.

I could smell the burning of the pancake that we chose to ignore. His arm had snaked around my waist, bringing me closer to him as his eyes trailed down to my lips. My eyes focused on his gaze before his lips brushed against mine, butterflies inside my stomach.

I didn't want him to kiss me. Please don't kiss me, please don't even if I wanted him to. I changed my mind too fast. . .

His lips brushed against mine before we kissed. It was slow at first, his arm tightening around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. It was slow and soft, his lips moving in sync with mine before it got heated.

We were kissing faster now, my fingers running through his hair before Reese hoisted me onto the counter. My legs wrapped around his hips, keeping him in my hold as he started kissing my neck.

His lips traveled down my neck to my collarbone, his hands roaming my body as they went underneath his tee. I could feel myself tense up when his fingers glided against my scars, touching each one. I heard him whisper, "They're beautiful," before I captured his lips again.

All I wanted was to kiss him. I wanted to kiss him so he could kiss me back. This is what I've been wanting, to be kissed and know that he loves me. That I loved him.

I couldn't believe what was going through my mind. I love him.

I love Reese Matthews.

We parted away quickly when the alarm went off. Both of us laughed as I leaned my head against his, locking eyes with him. Those icy blue eyes that didn't scare me off or made me nervous anymore.

Reese was able to turn the alarm off as I got off the counter, throwing away the burned pancake into the trash. My back leaned against the counter as I felt a tint of blush appear on my cheeks, biting my lip sheepishly.

Reese stood in front of me, smiling at me. "So? You still want to make breakfast?"

A smile laugh escaped me. I was about to say something until the doorbell rang. It continued ringing until Reese opened the door when I heard Alex yelling. 

My face immediately dropped when he appeared in the kitchen, the angriest look on his face that I had ever seen. "What the hell are you doing here?" I snapped.

"What the hell am I doing here? What the hell are you doing here!?" he shouted.

I rolled my eyes. "You're kidding me, right? You don't remember anything at all from last night?"

"What? That you ran out of the house without telling me where the hell you were going?"

I laughed. "Fucking idiot," I muttered, "so you don't remember yelling at me after sleeping with some girl in our home? Acting like our fucking dad who ruined our lives!?"

That's when his face fell.

"Get the hell out of here, Alex," I said.

His expression hardened. "You're coming with me."

Reese stepped out beside me, taking my hand in his when he noticed my nails scratching at my thighs. "She's staying here," he said firmly.

"I don't care what you say. She's my sister and she's coming with me-"

"Well I'm his girlfriend and you should care what he says," I finally said.

Alex looked at us both as if we were crazy. Reese still held his firm expression before I spoke again. "So get that in your head, big bro. I'm his girlfriend and I'm staying with him because I want to. You get the hell out of here and we'll talk later," I smirked.

Alex shook his head before trudging away, slamming the door behind him. I knew that he wouldn't want to fight, especially in front of a guy that he barely liked.

Reese let go of my hand as I sighed, almost screaming when I covered my face.

"Am I even allowed to ask?"

"No," I muttered before running upstairs.