Chapter Thirty-One: Let's Be Friends

Start from the beginning

Would this really fix things between us? A little voice in the back of my head told me to not accept. That this was another deal that could possibly end things worse. But there was another that wanted to fix things, to be friends with Reese Matthews.

That sounded like a huge relief.

If the twins could do it (especially Maddie) then why couldn't I? Maybe because you'd fail at being friends with a guy who's kissed your neck and sweet-talked you several times?

Well, there was that.

"Friends?" I asked, almost to myself. "What about your parents? What are they gonna think when they find out that 'us' is no longer us anymore?"

"I'll tell them that we moved too fast and decided to start over," Reese responded too quickly.

So he had this all planned out. Then what was the point of this whole dating deal? I was starting to think that the deal never really mattered. That Reese had set this whole thing up to have an excuse to hug me like a boyfriend would. I shook the thought away. 

I was focusing too much on the cons that I didn't even care about the pros. "Fine," I sighed.

A glint of happiness shined in his eyes which made them look bluer than ever. Seriously! Who did they remind me of?

"You wanna go to my place?"

I stared at him in confusion. "Why?"

"Cause you have nothing else to do."

Why thank you. "How do you know that?"

"When I came to your house there was nobody there. And don't even think about saying you were in a deep conversation with someone other than yourself to simply entertain you."

Nothing came out of my mouth after that. All I did was scowl and walk back to his car before he locked the warehouse up.

Where did that all come from?

"What about the gang? Don't you think they'll get all suspicious?" I blurted halfway to his house.

"They won't mind. They'll understand, trust me."

For some reason I was left in doubt. The gang would understand? What did he mean by that? I knew that the twins would bomb me with questions as to why we ended the deal. They were the only ones who knew, other than Raven who's a spy on my guess.

"Can I please change the station?" I whined.

Reese chuckled. "We're a block away from my place. Can't you wait?"

"No. I don't like this song."

"You don't even know it."

"I don't have to know it to like it," I pouted.

He stopped the car abruptly which led me to hit my head on the headrest. "Ow. . ."

"That's what you get for whining."

"You didn't even change the song!"

"No more complaints, Sweetheart."

If he really wanted us to be friends then he had to stop using that pet name on me.

We heard music playing in the living room, soft rock rang through the air while I scrunched my face in confusion. "Raven's probably with a date," muttered Reese.

"And why is that so displeasing?"

"The guys she picks are total dicks. That's why." Right now Reese sounded like a worried, overprotective brother.

Younger siblings can get defensive. "We should go see who it is." I began to walk in the direction of the music, but Reese hauled me back when he grabbed my wrist. "Hey!" I shrieked.

"I'm not a dumbass to ruin my sister's date." He let go and started walking up the stairs when he stopped and turned around. A devilish grin plastered on his face. "But I may be the best brother ever to annoy her."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're so immature."

He only laughed. "Come on."

We crept together to the living room where we found. . .nothing. Just a plaid flannel and some heels thrown on the rug. "Where do you think they are?"

Reese thought for a minute. " Her room?"

I nodded and crept stairs with him until we stopped in front of Raven's room. We definitely heard noise that wasn't so pleasing to hear.

"It's them." Reese took out his phone and put the camera on.

"What are you doing?" I whispered harshly.

"What? I have to get back at her when she spilled her pink nail polish on my jacket!" he whispered back.

"So? This is private for her. . . This is personal!"

"Personal for my jacket and I."

And before I could even say anything else, Reese kicked open the door and snapped the picture until we heard shrieks and a loud thump!.

All you could hear was Raven cursing and the guy getting up to slam the door shut. Reese and I ran to his room where he locked it as I jumped on the couch trying to control my anxiety level. I couldn't help but laugh when he sat in front of me.

Now we sat there, both laughing while a furious knock came to our door. "What the fuck Reese Matthews!?" Raven yelled. "Get the fuck out of there!"

More bursts of laughter escaped our lips. At some point my stomach was hurting so much that I had to lie down to catch my breath.

"Fun?" Reese finally asked.

I smiled at him. "Definitely fun!"

He smiled back.

So this is what it was like being friends with Reese Matthews. I could get used to this.