Chapter Thirty: Hate Is A Strong Word

Start from the beginning

We left the stall and continued to wait. Nikki started to bit her nails once again. I almost went to looking back at my phone to dial Reese's number. 

I was about to open my mouth when we saw Maddie walking out with a folded up paper shaking in her trembling hand. Nikki ran to her aid and hugged her twin with all her might while I stayed beside them.

"So. . .? What happened?" I finally asked.

All of us were dying to know if she was actually pregnant or not. If she was than they'd both faint because Nikki was already panicking for her.

"I don't know," Maddie shrugged. "I haven't seen the results yet. And I'm not sure if I want to." Nikki snatched the paper away before Maddie could get it back. "Nikki!?"

"If you're not going to see them then I will and I don't care anymore!" She unfolded the paper as her eyes skimmed through it.

At first they grew wide which made both Maddie and I switch worried expressions until Nikki sighed in. . .relief? 

"What is it? Am I. . .?"

Nikki shook her head softly as Maddie smiled slowly. They both hugged each other with sad smiles on their faces, but relief washing over them. Maddie quickly pulled me in.

We were just three teens hugging in a clinic now.
******

Claire, Harry, and Alex weren't home yet. I figured that if they were gone I had a ton of time for myself.

For some reason I haven't had that in a while. Mostly because I had been pretending to be Reese's girlfriend which isn't going to happen anymore.

Does he not get my point?

I stayed in my room for the meantime, even if there was barely anything to do. Other than lying upside down while looking at my phone and dropping it on my face which hurt like hell. . . Yeah, nothing to do.

Now I sat on the ground while I looked through all the pictures in my camera. Some of them were old (like the foster home ones) while others were new (the warehouse) which caused me to frown.

What if Reese wanted to talk about something important? What if he wanted to tell me something that was- No! It was probably all just a big lie to involve me in his stupid plan again.

Hopefully he knew that this whole thing was over. I didn't care if my brother or foster parents found out about that night.

I'd actually like to see Reese tell them. Let's see if he has the balls to do it.

A knock at the door made me fall back and hit my head on the wall. "You've got to be freakin kidding me!" I muttered while rubbing my poor head.

Downstairs the knock grew louder before I opened the door with a gasp escaping my lips. Reese stood in front of me with no expression on his face. His icy blue eyes were boring into mine which caused me to close the door a little.

"W-What are you doing here?" I stuttered.

"I told you that we needed to talk," he growled. O.K. . .? Why use such a bitchy tone with me? Maybe because you used it on him a couple times?

Oh. . right.

"We have nothing to talk about-"

"I told you to come over so we could talk."

"Well I'm not gonna."

We both stood there, glaring at each other before his hand smacked the door. My grip on it loosened when I felt his arm snake around my waist and throw me over his shoulder.

"Reese!?" I pounded against his back as he walked us to his car. When he dropped me back on the ground, he stepped in front of me while my back leaned against the door. "I said I didn't want to talk to you!"

All of a sudden his smirk appeared on his face. "You don't have a choice, Sweetheart. I said you were coming over to talk, so you are. Get in the car."

"I'm not getting in the car." His arm snaked round my waist once again, brining me closer to him than ever. I narrowed my eyes at him while he stared at them. "You force me to get in and I'll scream. I swear to freaking god that I'll scream if you don't let me go," I threatened.

Amusement was written all over his face. "But I want to show you something," he whispered softly in my ear. Reese nuzzled his head into my neck while I took a sharp breath. "Please, Sweetheart?"

I knew that either way I wouldn't be able to get out of his death trap. Especially since his grip on me was tightening as he stiffened up. "Fine," I sighed.

Reese finally let me go and smirked at me. I simply held my glare while sticking out my middle finger. "You're an asshole." And also too possessive and controlling, I thought. 

"And you're very stubborn, but what are we gonna do?"

I rolled my eyes before getting inside shotgun and sinking into the seat. Reese put the car in ignition before driving to the direction of his house. But then he made a huge U-turn which caused me to sit up and shoot him a questionable look.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a secret," he smirked.

I returned him another puzzled expression before realizing where we were going. Before I could tell him to stop, Reese got out the car and dragged me outside.

My heart pounded against my chest as he opened up the doors and led me inside the dark place.

"Ree-"

"Secret," was all he said before turning the lights back on.