Chapter Twenty-Seven: I Need A Break From You

En başından başla

My stomach growled at me for a second until I turned the tv on, my hunger vanishing each minute my thumb pressed the 'up' button for the channels.

A knock at the door made me stand up and trudge over, startling to see the person standing in front of me.

"Luke?" I gawked.

"Hi," he mumbled.

I quirked a brow at him. "Um. . . Hi? What are you doing here?"

He shrugged. "Everyone was busy, and no one really wants to go hang out. . . especially after yesterday. I was bored and not hungover and I thought that you'd like to hang out today?"

My eyes popped open from his question. Luke and I have never been that talkative between each other. Sure we've talked, minimal talks that only lasted five minutes. And that kiss led us to have an awkward friendship with each other.

Getting to know the guy that I had my first kiss with. . .? Why not.

"Give me a sec," I hurried upstairs before yelling for him to come in. My hands rummaged through my drawers until I found my small purse, swinging the leather strap around my shoulder, I scurried downstairs with my cheeks red.

"Looks like you ran a marathon," he joked.

"Going up there is one." Running up there couldn't be too much work, so why the hell was I so tired? I should start working out.

Luke brought his car which was pretty nice. The soft seats inside cushioned my back, which had been hurting these past few days. Seriously, what was wrong with me?

"What store would you like to go to?" Luke asked once we stepped foot inside the mall.

I pursed my lips together before I saw an H&M store. "That one right over there!"

He groaned at first but trudged behind me. I took him to the Men's section where I found a cute tee for him. "It's cute though!" I whined while holding it up in front of me.

"Not a chance," chuckled Luke.

"It's a small kitten on it. A simple cute drawing of a kitten!"

"It's flattering, but no thank you."

We ended up going to almost every store in the mall. My stomached growled at me for the tenth time in the row this whole day. Luke noticed my hunger, so we walked to the food courts.

I sat down at the table while he got us some Taco Bell. I only enjoyed eating their burritos, which I threw up later. Yeah. . . I should shut up.

"Enjoyed Homecoming yesterday?" I asked while unwrapping my burrito. The smell of it almost made my mouth water.

Luke nodded his head. "Yeah. . . I wish I had a date though."

"I thought you went with Massy?"

"She didn't want to go. She said that she had a lot of studying."

"For what?"

"Don't know, don't care," Luke said.

I smiled before realizing that I had received a message from Reese. Luke peered over before pressing his lips together. "What?"

"Nothing," he reassured.

I returned him a puzzled expression while lifting my brow. "Nothing?"

"Yeah, nothing. . ."

"Luke. I know you know something I don't." My voice came out flat and serious. By now I had put my burrito down while leaning forward to listen.

He sighed and finally opened his mouth to tell me what was going on. "I'm not sure if I should tell you. . . I mean, it's none of my business-"