Chapter Twelve: I Hate You. . . A Lot

Start from the beginning

My mind went to my night dreams as the person got closer to me. I backed away until I was met with a familiar headboard that made my head slam against it harshly.

Dad had gotten a death grip on my neck, the veins on his neck popping out as his grip got tighter on me.

"Maggie!?"

I lifted my head up to feel salty tears on my chin. I blinked my eyes a few times before realizing that everything I had thought of had been a dream.

It felt so real.

Reese held my arm after that. It was obvious that he was worried about my state, and I couldn't blame him. After everyone in the gang had seen me with tears, they were bombing me with questions that I was forced to ignore.

For own sake, Reese and I were on the bleachers as I rested my head on his shoulder. He was busy chewing on some chocolate bar that I was craving.

Ignoring the feeling I asked, "What happened while I was knocked out?"

"What were you dreaming of?" he blurted.

My eyes skimmed the road before me. It was right there. I could just climb over and get the hell out of here. "Nothing," I mumbled.

Reese chuckled beside me. "You can't lie to me, Maggie." I felt his eyes on me. "Tell me what you were dreaming of."

A sigh escaped my lips as this argument reminded me of the one I had with Alex yesterday. Not another one. . . "I already had a fight with my brother Reese. Please don't make me have one with you right now."

"Fine," he sighed.

Well that was easy.

At the end of the day Reese drove me back home. He walked me until we were at the porch, my fingers fidgeting with each other as I felt the need to use my blade.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

Reese smiled at me, this time even more charming than before until he kissed my forehead which caused goosebumps to crawl all over my body. "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yes," I confirmed.

Inside I could already smell the food. Claire was at the kitchen while the guys had their eyes glued to the t.v. screen. 

I walked up into my room and ran inside my bathroom, taking out my blade quickly and using it.

After that was done, I cleaned the mess up and sprawled onto my bed. My phone buzzed right underneath me, a groan escaping my lips. "What now?"

"Hello?" Maddie chirped over the phone.

I sat up on my bed. "Hello?"

"Okay! I need to tell you something very important about your little boyfriend."

"Yes?" My tone sounded very annoyed, but I didn't care anymore. I had a crappy day and thought my stupid nightmare had been real.

"So Nikki told me that she saw Reese fooling around with some girl in the lot. And that happened today in the morning before homeroom started, and you would not believe who the skank is!"

Did I even care if my fake boyfriend was fooling around with skanks? He wasn't my property and it's not like I owned him. "Who?"

"Your friend, what was her name-"

The name quickly crawled into my mind. Anger was already flowing through my veins.

"Bridget?" I gasped.

"Yes! That skank!"

I felt my blood boil inside. That bitch wanted to take my fake boyfriend away. That bitch would know what I was made of now.
******

For the entire day I kept small talk with Reese. I knew that he noticed my annoyance with him, but he didn't seem to push any buttons for me to go haywire.

It was after school and everyone was just running out the door to get out of here.

I waited by my locker until I spotted that skank and my lovely "boyfriend". Reese was leaning against the lockers like the cool dude he was while bitch here was touching his arm.

Have I even been able to do that? No, because he's been the one kissing my neck, so beat that Bridget! What was I even trying to prove with that thought?

Slowly I made my way to them, a smile instantly spreading on my lips as I surprised them both. "Maggie?" Bridget said in disbelief.

"Hi guys," I said, my voice going up higher than intended. "So whatcha talking about?" I purposely wrapped my arm around Reese's, finally realizing why so many girls did.

"A test we had in English today," Bridget mumbled. "Anyways, I have to get going. I'll see you later."

She swung her bag over her shoulder before trotting out. I couldn't help but laugh a little until I was met with a smirk on Reese's face.

"What?" I asked while I unwrapped my arm from his.

"You looked a bit jealous," he said.

I laughed it off. "Sure I did because I'm you're "girlfriend" and girlfriends should do what they gotta do. And when a skank comes in, they just love to wipe them out of the picture."

Reese's smirk turned into a wide smile. "And that's exactly why I picked you out."

My face formed into a puzzled expression until Reese hoisted me up onto his shoulder, my hands slamming into his hard back. Well hello there muscles.

"Put me down!" I shouted.

We were already out in the lot, but Reese wasn't walking to his car. "Where are you taking me?"

"We're walking home," he joked. Please tell me that he said that in a joking manner. 

"Walking? Like this? Put me down!" I repeated.

Reese sighed until he finally dropped me, but guess where?

My body landed into a puddle. It was more like a fountain where I got soaked. I sat there for a second in shock and anger. "What the hell Reese!?"

"You seemed like you needed to cool off after that jealousy act," he smirked.

I splashed some water on him, but that did nothing. I was the one drenched right now. "I hate you. . . A lot."

"I know," he smiled.