Chapter Eight: Leave Me Alone!

Start from the beginning

And this was Reese that we were talking about. Just standing in front of him made me feel vulnerable inside and I hated the damn feeling.

All he wanted to know was that if I thought he was hot. Of course he was.

"Maybe," I mumbled.

"Just get in the car." I rolled my eyes, but got inside.

The seats were really comfortable, how hadn't I noticed yesterday? Was leather supposed to feel this comfortable? And how did he get it to look so good?

The ride was silent. I simply stared out the window counting the amount of blossom trees we passed. So far we passed twelve.

"Where are we going?"

"A date," he said.

My eyes bulged open as I stared at him. "What?" I let out harshly.

"A date. Have you never heard of one before?"

"I'm not stupid, Reese."

"Then why are you asking me?"

This boy was unbelievable. Reese flashed me a smile before returning his focus on the road. I mentally slapped myself when I felt my cheeks grow hot. "You didn't tell me we were going on a date last night."

"I thought it'd be the perfect surprise," he smirked.

I shook my head. "Why exactly?"

"If I want you to be my "girlfriend", then I need to make sure I picked the right girl."

I laid back, my head resting on the comfortable cushioned seat. "And what happens if I'm not?"

"You're still in the deal, but it won't be as fun if you're not the right girl," Reese responded.

"And what does this "date" actually consist of?" I asked, my eyes focusing on the road too.

"This." Reese abruptly stopped the car which made the seat belt choke my neck. Well that didn't hurt a lot, thanks for asking "babe"!

In front of us was an Auto Parts shop, expensive looking cars parked in the front to show off their propaganda. "Why are we here?" I asked as I stepped out of the car.

"Just be patient," he said before going inside the shop.

I stood there with my hands folded in front of me. The air was cold in this area, and it sucked that I was wearing jeans that allowed air to go in all places. My legs were freezing.

Reese finally stepped out with two helmets in his hand. A guy behind him tossed him some keys before going back inside.

Reese threw me a helmet which I fortunately caught. That would have been a failure. "What exactly are you driving me in?"

"It's not driving, it's more like riding," he responded.

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion until I heard gates being pulled up. I gasped when I saw a black sleek motorcycle parked in the garage. My heart skipped a beat since I had dreamed of riding one. I just never learned.

"You seem excited," Reese said.

"It's a motorcycle, Reese. Let me freak out while I can," I scoffed.

He let out a soft chuckle before getting on the motorcycle. "Is your moment of freaking out over?"

I ignored his comment and got on right behind him. My arms wrapped around his abdomens, his hard muscles flexing from my touch. I heard his breath hitch in his throat before he let out a slow sigh, a smirk appearing on my lips.