Morning surprises?! (Pt. 2)

"Lex, just spit it out." August chuckled, walking over to her side of the table and patting her softly on the back. She spit it out and then looked at it before picking it up and putting on a fake smile. It wasn't watch she was expecting at all.

"I went through a bunch of boxes of them cracker jacks you like to find it." He smirked, poking her side. She nodded picking up the plastic ring, she felt tears being to well up in her eyes and she looked down at it.

"Yeah it's pretty," She sighed, wiping tear that slowly begin to cascade down her cheek. "I'll be right back." getting up and walking past August, she made her way up the spiral staircase and to the room that she shared with August.

"Lex be grateful..." She whispered to herself, walking into the bathroom and looking in the mirror. She grabbed a tissue, dabbing the tears that fell and fixing her hair. "yeah, I guess this isn't bad. he did buy you a house, a car and much more." she smiled slightly. She made her way back downstairs to see August leaned up against the island.

"Come here baby," He spoke and she walked over to him. He pulled her into a hug. "Tell me honestly, you don't like the ring?" He asked, pulling a black velvet box out of his back pocket.

"No.." She spoke, feeling the tear build up again.

"What do you want? What type of ring?" He asked, opening the box and observing the ring.

"I don't know." She mumbled, laying her head on his chest.

"I have some suggestions."

"Name them."

"I was thinking for your engagement ring, it could be a 24 karat with 3 stones. A diamond cut princess ring." He spoke, opening the box.

"I don't know what half of that is but Aug, it seems like too much of an engagment ring."

"Nothing is every too much when it comes to you, because I think you deserve anything you want Alexis." He smiled, hiding the box behind his back.

"You could just be me a wedding band or show me what your talking about, like a picture." She replied, looking up at him.

"I can show you, wanna see? Close your eyes." he asked, grabbing her hand.

"Sure." She closed them. he grabbed her hand and slid the plastic ring off her hand.

"Now open them." He told her and she did. She looked at him and raised her eyebrow.

"Your forever playing," She giggled, pushing him. "I'm gonna go take a shower." She spoke, turning away. August wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her neck.

"You ain't even give me a chance to show you." He responded, pulling the box out of his back pocket. She rolled her eyes, not bothering to turn around. She was beginning to grow annoyed wit all of the playing but she managed to keep a smile.

August sighed, directing her to give him her hand and she did . She felt something cold slip on her finger causing her to bit her lip anxiously. "There."

"Can I open  my eyes now?" She asked

"Can I open my eyes now?" She asked.

"Yeah." She opened them and instantly tear began growing in her eyes.

"August..."

"No, this is what I felt you deserved. But trust me the actual wedding ring is going to be way bigger. I'm not gonna ask because you are gonna say yes right?" He smiled and wiped some of her tears. She nodded, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him.

"I love you." She smiled.

"I love you too. Now we can go take that shower you wanted to take, that is if you don't mind me joining you." He smirked. She chuckled, grabbing his hand and walking up the stairs.

-

Trying to finish up these last chapters then finish these request so I can complete the book.