Best friends?

You and August were sitting at the lunch table eating lunch. You were new to school, but not to August. He knew you since third grade, and that was your best friend.

"Wait, are my eyes red?" August asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah, you were smoking?" You asked and he nodded. You shook your head, popping another dorito into your mouth.

For some reason, every time you and August were together at lunch, everyone would tend to stare. Well the females. They would hope and pray that you and August were nothing more than friends.

He took some eye drops out of his back pocket, tilting his head backward and letting the liquid drop into his eyes. He blinked and you noticed a tear slip out of his eye, causing you to raise your thumb and wipe it.

"They still red?" He asked.

"No, what the hell. They look normal. Ooo, I'm telling." You laughed as he grabbed you by your hoodie, placing his hand over your mouth. You bit his finger and he let go.

"Why you always biting?" He asked and you shrugged, crumbling up your Doritos bag and throwing it in the trash.

"Because, you always wanna fight. Then when I punch you wanna punch on me." You muttered, laughing. Then you noticed a girl sit by August, causing you to shake your head.

"Hey Aug." She smirked, tracing the stitching on his burgundy True Religion jeans. He looked at her.

"Wassup?"

"I was wondering if you had any plans tonight." She replied, but it came out as more of a moan.

"Actually, I gotta help Yn's mama. She wanted me to help her cook tonight 'cause this lazy ass girl don't wanna help." He says.

"Man, she ain't even ask me. Don't feel special, little hoe." You laughed. He ignored the fact that the girl was still right there, grabbing your hoodie again and pulling you closer.

"What?" He asked, chuckling.

"Stop tryna' fight me." You told him, licking the seasoning off your index finger.

"Lemme have some." He yelled, grabbing your hand. You tried pulling it away. The girl gave you a stink face, rolling her eyes.

"Stop! Nasty ass!" You yelled but he ignored you, licking your thumb. "Ima tell my mama."

"No you ain't." He smiled. You grabbed the other bag, opening it.

"Yes I am." You retorted.

"Oh that's cool, I guess." The girl mumbled.

"Janiyah, why you still here?" You asked.

"Why you worrying about me?" She snapped. August looked at you and shook his head.

"Can I have a chip?" August asked you and you shook your head, mimicking you.

"Nope."

"Ima take one then." He warned and you shrugged, turning the other way. Janiyah sighed. August stood up, sitting in front of you and kissing you, and took some chips out of your bag.

You punched him, "why would you fucking do that!?" You yelled.

"What?" He asked, eating the chips in his hand.

"You owe me money." You told him. Janiyah stood up.

"How the fuck are y'all best friends?! Huh? They don't kiss each other!" She barked.

"Why is it your business?" You snapped and she was rolled her eyes, storming away.

"Gahdamn." August laughed and you looked at him.

"These hoes are so nosey."