7.15. Dissonance and Discord

Start from the beginning

Hussain stopped in the mid way and rested his hand over his shoulder. "Agar zaleel honey ka khitaab milna he hea to insaan zalaalat ker k zaleel kehlaye, werna bekar mein koi ilzaam de na Hassan! To buhat dard hota hea"

"kesa hota ho ga sutta lagana, sharab peena, maa baap se jhoot bolna unhen dhokey mein rakhna... collage mein lerki ko cherna. Dil kerta hea na insaan ka Hassan! Her ghalat kam ka dil kerta hea. Bus phir aj se dil ki sun'ni hea" he stated firmly, Hassan stood there perplexed. Looking at the storm inside his words.

"and after that if she calls me a traitor, liar, unfaithful and a filthy worthless person then yes... yes I am. Am all of that" he spatted shoving his index in Hassan's chest before he marched out of the cafeteria, leaving Hassan blabbering at his back.

"what has gone into him man! He has gone nuts" Hassan shook his head unable to get the reason beind Hussain's change of conduct.

....

"Aagaya tu!" Shehry turned on the sound of click and found Hussain stepping inside, he shut the door at his back and pressed a weary smile at Shehry like always. Shehry had been used to of this aching smile on his brother's face.

"seems somebody is tired" Haya commented looking at Hussain who threw his bag on the couch heading towards them.

"Seems somebody has become the kabab mein hadddi" Hussain remarked and Shehry chuckled while Haya rolled her eyes making a face.

"You are definitely not a kabab mein haddi Hussain as your brother is MashaAllah extremely boring and dry person, your presence or no presence won't matte. So am cool...." She faked a smile and Hussain laughed a little, Shehry looked at her.

"Fer je mein romaaantic ho gaya na te fer complain na kareen kuriye!" he smirked making Haya lightly bit on to her lower lip, trying to hide her blush and Shehry got up.

"Chal tu moo hath dho mein....

His words got lost in his mouth and his hand froze on Hussain's shoulder with his calm forehead turned into a thousand frowns. "Hussain! did you... did you smoke?" it was definitely a question, with a lot of puzzlement and disbelief but Hussain calmly walked past him, ignoring him.

"Hussain! kuch pooca hea mein ne" Shehry stopped him, repeating. Haya got up from the sofa.

"Yes I did" Hussian turned and stated casually. Shehry's frown faded in disbelief. "aesey q dekh raha hea? cigarette he to pi hea bus"

"Are you out of your...

"Shehry!" and before he could lunge on to him Haya stopped him in his place. His stare fixed on Hussain complainingly.

"Masla kia hea tujhey Saley! Q ker rah ea tu ye sab?" Shehry burst out, it wasn't much his fault for last whole month Hussain was behaving odd, dry and too cold towards everyone.

"Nothing is wrong with me, its actually you. stop treating me like a kid Shehry! as if I cant handle myself as if I would come down a truck on the road or burn my hand or harm myself. I am not a kid. Stop being all daddy around me" Hussain stated firm, annoyance spread across every feature and Shehy simply looked at his face unable to come up with anything.

For a few moments there was complete silence, then Hussain turned to leave. "Am not hungry, won't eat" announcing this he marched towards his room leaving Shehry in a state of frustration and ache.

He was still standing in his place when slowly warm fingers creeped onto his arm. "Its okay Shehry!" Haya softly stated, understanding his state of anxiety, Shehry let out a breath as he shook his head.

All of a sudden he looked tired.

"am losing it Haya!"

"No, you are not" She came and stood in front of him, now holding both his hands trying to look into his eyes but his head was hung low.