Mom chuckled a little at his expressions.

"What happened Shehry?" Shaista Aunty asked.

"mein ne bus itna kaha k abhi thora kam hea to dinner kal ker len ge. Bus shurroo ho gai; you don't like me, you don't love me, you have no time for me, tum badal gaye ho...bla bla bla.....

He kept on blabbering, my eyes widened when did all this shitt happen? Kia pagal hea ye lerka..... choroon gi nai tumhen Shehry!

"Haya beta! its okay you two can have dinner some otherti....

"No mom! why some other time? If he promised to take me to dinner tonight then it has to be tonight, he has to keep his promise. Nai Shaista Aunty?" I flutter my eyes at Aunty who was clearly hiding her chuckle.

"Bilkul. Haya is right Shehry! you should keep you words, jao shabash Haya ko le jao. Kam to hota rehta hea beta" she patted his cheek, who looked at me with a confused frown and I smirked giving him a winning smile.

"Uh- ji. Ji Mom! I will take her" Shehry like an obedient son nodded with a forced smile and I bit my lip holding my laughter.

"or aunty isey keh den k mujhey meri favorite ice cream bhi khilaye ga. Kehta hea buhat mehngi hea khudi kha lo...." I added with a pout and Shehry's head spun into my direction in utmost disbelief. Frankly speaking it was fun teasing him in front of his Mom.

"Shehry?" Shaista Aunty exclaimed looking at him who nervously smiled shaking his head. "that's bad"

"and he always fights with me..." I carried the act on.

"Kia Haya! sab k samney....." he gave me a look and Mom chuckled while Shaista Aunty grabbed his ear twisting it a little.

"Ooowww! Mom!" Shehry winced dramatically.

"Putter ji! Inni soni kurri labni ni tenu fer. Take care of her" Shaista aunty stated gesturing towards me affectionately and I looked down for a moment I honestly felt bad.....

"Don't worry Mom! ice cream bhi khilaoon ga dinner bhi karaoon ga...." he assured her as she let go of his ear and Shehry walked back towards me.

There was something in his gaze which made my heart skipped a beat.

He stood right near me, his left arm brushing mine and just when I was about to move a little away his fingers touched mine and he grabbed my hand softly but firmly. My heart thumped inside as I looked from our hands to his face.

"and I promise from now no lerna jhagerna....fine Haya?" he looked down at my face intently with serious expressions on his face and I blinked my eyes pressing a little smile.

I realized he was a little too tall for me..... or maybe I was too short.

His eyes still on my face and mine searching those alien expressions hidden in his gaze when we heard somebody cleared throats and we looked up, the gulp in my throat pained as I pushed it down.

Both of the ladies were looking at us awkwardly with frowns and smirks and I felt heat rushed up to my face.

"Uh- Salma Aunty! Can I take her out. I promise to take care of her" he added the later part hurriedly and Mom smiled nodding her head.

Our hands still clasping each others.

"But be back in time" Mom reminded him and then smiled looking at me; I could see the happiness and satisfaction in her eyes.

They were about to leave when Shaista Aunty looked at Shehry. "and behave yourself" she mouthed and Shehry chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. they left us there still standing in an awkward state.