Zac nodded seriously and got up slowly. I felt kind of lousy for sending him away but I jus couldn't deal with his cheeriness when I felt like crap. He lumbered to my closet and paused, his hand on the handle. I frowned.

"I need some me time too. Lets have it together," Zac spun round to face me, a wide and contagious smile on his face. He grabbed shorts and a tank top from my closet and threw it over my head. "Get dressed. We're gunna have some fun."

***

So I ended up in an amusement park with him. To be honest, Zac was cheering me up immensely. It was so hard not to have fun with him. His laugh made me smile and his cheerful aura made mine perk up as well. After going on the third ride on the highest rollercoaster, I needed some cotton candy inside of me.

He gave me a piggy-back ride to the cotton candy place. I really appreciated the effort Zac was putting in for me. Jane was lucky to have him, I thought, resting my chin a top of his blonde head. I then pretended to whip Zac, as if he were my pony. Zac did a miny jump and I giggled. He started to make an exaggerated galloping motion, making me jostle and grip his shoulders for support. I was half screaming and half laughing as he leapt over a bush, holding on for dear life.

"You'll kill us both!" I shrieked as he jumped yet again, "oh my god, Zac!"

People were laughing, sending us friendly glances. I was too scared to take my hands off of him to wave, but I nodded back, gritting my teeth. Zac was still run jag and I was wondering how on earth he wasn't exhausted from having me on his back and running and jumping all the time. Zac stopped suddenly and I took a huge sigh of relief, my heart finally slowing down to a human pace.

"Hey, dude," this thirteen year old guy addressed Zac, wearing too big cargo trousers and a baggy basketball shirt, "dare you to skateboard that ramp with the chick on your back."

Zacs hands tightened on my thighs and I knew a big smile was spreading across his face. Zac never refused a dare and I started to try and get off, determined that I wasn't going to die in an amusement park. I squirmed and battled but Zac was immune, simply jumping onto the kids skateboard with me. I went very still in Zacs hands as we wobbled from side to side, gently moving down the pavement.

Zac moved a little too fast and then we stumbled off. I managed to land in my feet whereas Zac fell on his rump. The kid laughed unkindly, and Zac narrowed his eyes.

"Knew you losers couldn't do it," the kid scoffed, leaning down to pick up his skateboard.

Zac snatched it away before the kid could take it. I scowled at the little brat who had taken three steps back, intimidated by the huge form which was Zac. However, Zac was not paying any attention to the little nitwit. He had run on the ramp, and was now beckoning me to join him.

"No way!" I replied, "I don't have a death wish!"

"Serena, please," Zac begged, "we can do this."

"Uh, no we can't." I said defiantly, crossing my arms.

Zac rolled his eyes, exasperated by me. I really didn't understand why he felt the need to prove himself to a bratty twelve year old who hadn't even hit puberty yet. Who cared if he called us losers? I certainly didn't. Zac then looked back down at me, a dejected look on his face and his eyes were droopy. He looked like a broken, kicked puppy. My heart crumbled to dust and I bit my lip.

"Please," Zac murmured.

Cam would not have been able to convince me to get up there. Ace wouldn't have bothered in the first place. But I couldn't resist Zac, because no matter how big and strong he looked, there was something fragile underneath. I felt the need to protect him like I would if he were my little brother. I tried to comfort myself with the thought that I'd probably only break a few limbs, not die.