2. Bloom and Burn

Start from the beginning

Aesa lagta tha Hussain kuch ghalat keh he nai saktey...kuch ghalat ker he nai saktey.

He was the perfect man; upright, decent, pious and the cherry on top extremely hot.

"How would we know if we are really going to jannah or a person would burn in hell? People keep on condemning others, throwing remarks like; this man will definitely go to jannah and he is going to burn in hell and so on and so forth. How do they know? This kind of attitude irritates me"

I dunno about others but I am definitely going to burn in hell if I will keep on X-raying him and eating him up with my bare eyes....

"Who would go to jannah and who will burn in hell is not your or my look out Son!" Hussain stated firmly.

Yeah to me. you are my only lookout now days Mr. Hussain

Then looked down at the Quran for a moment before looking up at him, "This is Surah Tuaba- verse 101 where Allah (SWT) says to Muhammad (SAWW):

"O Muhammad! You do not know them, but we know them"

"....and I don't know if I can do justice with this small Ayah or not; small yet so powerful. This is one of the most powerful reminders from Quran; we have no right of going judgmental about others, we are nobodies and have no right that we go by, passing judgments that he is going to hell and she is going to Jannah."

"Even prophets never knew about the fate of every person, Muhammad (SAWW) knew only a few upon whom Jannah was bestowed, by the will of Allah.... But not each and every human"

"then who are you and me to stand and condemn them?" he asked with a little frown on his forehead (first time ever I was witnessing a frowning Mr. Hussain) and a lot of heads moved in a nod, few gave a thoughtful gesture.

"think about it....think about yourself not others"

"And trust me those who pass judgments about others if we ask them about themselves....they would say they don't know about their fate" A small chuckle escaped his lips as he stated, that small low chuckle felt so good to my ears.

"when I do not know about my own fate, then how can I give a sentence about the person sitting next to me?"

"it doesn't mean you should stop warning people from hell fire and consequences but yours and my job is to tell the truth, spread the word of Allah and that's it" Hussain slapped both his palms as if was dusting off before showing them up to us.

"After that your task is done Son! Forget about the jannah and hell. Leave that on Him" he pointed his index up with a soft smile on his face. "Because only He can decide our fate"

He took a pause as he let out a breath and the boy sat back, Hussain closed the Quran and threw a glance at the people in the hall.

"I pray to Rabb that He give us strength of differentiating between what is wrong and what is right and show us the right path. I pray that He dusts off the dirt from our bodies and souls and may He lighten our burdens and bless us with peace of mind and hearts and elevate us intellectually. Assalam-o-alaikum Wa rahmatullah"

With that he took a step back, picking up the heavy looking look keeping it close to his chest. And many among us replied with a walaikum Assalam but I was too much occupied in him, too much to even blink my eyes once and there he was coming down from the stage and marched out from the auditorium.

Shittt! No! wait!...

"Hussain! Sir! Wait Mr. Hussain!"

Somebody inside me shouted in panic and I left my seat gabbing my satchel I hung it over my shoulder and was about to run after him when my feet halted and my elbow got caught.