Vanessa

I was super nervous walking up to the door. It was more of the fact that I had on a bulletproof vest and a gun. Then Ace had all these guns and weapons on her. Not to mention she didn't have on a vest. We walked up to the house and I rang the doorbell. Some old white lady came and answered the door. She looks like a maid or something.

" How may I help you this evening?" She asked us as she eyed Ace up and down.

Ace had to be in her zone because she hadn't said one word since we made our way up here.

" I'm here to see my mother Mrs. Cooper," I said.

The lady nodded her head and let us walk into the house. The house was super huge and was decorated with a very heavy roman catholic influence.

" Follow me," she said as we started to follow the lady into the foyer.

" Your mother had been waiting to see for almost 3 months now. She just had the strength to call you," She told me.

I just nodded my head. I looked over at Ace who was looking real uneasy and nervous. Like she knew something bad was gonna happen. When we walked into the foyer we saw my mom sitting in a chair and on her right was a man I never seen before. But he smirked when he saw both me and Ace walk threw the door. To her left was Edward. I sighed.

" Hello Mother, " I said.

She got up and open her arms I guess she was excepting a hug. I wasn't gonna give her one.

" Hey baby! You not gonna give your mother a hug?" she asked me.

I shook my head no. She looked a little hurt but that didn't faze me one bit.

" You said you wanted to talk so talk," I told her.

I wanted to get the hell out here cause this dude just kept staring at Ace.

" Well then I see since you've ran away, and ran your father away from me you have gotten a lot more bold and sassy," She told me as she sat back down.

I rolled my eyes.

" I didn't run away, you ran me away and you ran daddy away," I told her and with some bitterness in my voice.

" You will not talk to me like that. I am still your mother, " She said to me as she raised her tone.

Edward was just sitting there smirking.

" Now Edward has asked for your hand in marriage and I have agreed. You are to be wed next May," She told me.

Edward stood up and made his way over to me. I was in shock. I looked at Ace who still was staring this man down. I don't even think she knew what just happen.

" I am not marrying him and you can't make me. I don't even like this punk. He can't do anything for me," I told her and sighed.

Edward stopped in his tracks as my mother stood to her feet .

" Edward, Charles can you excuse for a minute while I talk to my daughter?" she asked them.

They both nodded and made there way out the room.

" Oh and Duce or whatever your name is. You can go with them," I looked over and saw Ace bite her bottom lip.

I turned to face her and gave her a hug. I whispered in her ear that I loved her and to go ahead.

" Don't for get to send that text in about 5 minutes," She whispered to me. 

I told okay and watch as she walked away. I got this real uneasy feeling in the bottom of my stomach.