Nessa

I looked over at Ace's clocked the time read 1: 00 I know Ace was tired, because she was snoring louder than the first time I slept with her. I think that's why she was a little mean to me last night. I had left out her crib at like 10 this morning to go and get my clothes for the day. That is the other reason I know she was tired. I had made up her bed and was waiting on her to hurry up. I don't know how this whole thing is gonna play out today. I'm just see what happens. I was sitting in the chair in her room when my cell rang. I reached in my pocket and retrieved it. I looked at the caller id and it read mom. I sighed and answered it.

" Hello?" I asked.

" Vanessa What is this I hear about you not wanting to go to Harvard. You have the grades and money. Most black kids do not get the chance to do such a thing," She damn near yelled at me.

" Mom can we talk about this later?" I asked her.

" Fine. What time shall you be arriving at the picnic?" she asked me.

" I will be living soon. Also I am bring somebody with me," I told her.

" Well that's fine, " She said and hung up the phone.

" So I went from a friend to somebody?" I heard Ace say behind me.

I jumped a little bit.

" Stop that shit. Make some noise when you come into places," I said and looked back at her.

" Then I wouldn't be able to hear your phone conversations," She told.

She went over to her closet and pulled out a pair of jeans, and a red polo. The jeans were saggin a bit, but she didn't have a belt on yet. She placed the polo on her body.

" You gonna put on a belt?" I asked her.

" Nope don't need one," She said.

" Ace if I see your boxers any today, I will kill you," I told her.

She laughed and put on some white J's that was outline in black and red. I followed suit and put on my black and grey polo shoes. It matched my black and grey family shirt.

" No you wont," She told me and laced up her shoes.

She stood up and grabbed a Red and black sox fitted out her closet.

" You ready?" I asked her.

I watched her as she grabbed her stack of money, her wallet, and a pack of those swishers off her dresser.

" Lets go," She said.

We made our way to the front door. She stopped and grabbed her car keys out the bowl. We walked to the parking garage and she unlocked her Silver car. It was nice but it ain't have nothing on her other ones. We got in the car and took off. To the park. I'm glad that it was a nice enough day for this dumb event.

" Bella, why are you guys having a family reunion in the middle of the school year and shit?"

Ace asked me.

" Uh it's more like a post family reunion. It's for the people who aren't gonna make it to the real one, or missed it last year," I told her as she nodded her head.

" Look Ace don't smoke shit okay," I told her as we made our way down the street.

" Why not?" she asked and raised her eyebrow.

" Cause my dad will know, and that's last thing I want to hear come out of his mouth." I told her.

She sighed and shook her head. I was gonna say something but my phone rang.

" Hello daddy," I said.

" Hey babygirl, can you do me a huge favor?" he asked me.

" Yeah what is it?" I asked.

I looked over at Ace who looked like she was in deep thought about something. I wish she was easier to read.

" I need you to stop at the store, and pick up some bags of ice, a few bags of chips, and some of those vegetarian burgers. I forgot that a couple of your aunts and kids are vegetarians," He told me.

" Dad I don't have any money on me," I told him.

" Tell your friend to buy them and I will pay them back," He told me.

" Okay bye dad," I said

" Bye baby love you," He hung up the phone.

I sighed. Even though my mom's is so uptight my dad is pretty cool and laid back. I don't even know why they got together. I even hear them when they argue sometimes. He tells hers that she has changed since they got money.

" Baby, can we stop at jewels?" I asked her.

She didn't say anything but just nodded her. She turned into the Jewels parking lot. We both got out the car, she locked it and we walked into the store. I grabbed a cart and Ace walked off somewhere. I think she is still mad at me or something. Either that or she is distracted by something. I walked around and placed the things my dad asked for in the cart. I was about to walk to the checkout line when my mom text me and told me to pick up some pop. I sighed and made my over to the pop isle. I was standing there looking at all the pops trying to decide which ones to get when I felt somebody arms wrap around by body. I smelt weed and cologne. I sighed.

" I thought I told you not to smoke, and then you do it in a damn store," I told her.

She moved her arms from around my body.

"I ain't even smoke that much, and nothing bad is gonna happen. I have to smoke, if I don't then I'm not a very pleasant person to be around. I told you that," She said.

We gonna work on that shit.

" Okay, but you really do need to slow down on that shit," I told her.

I turned around to face her.

" Will you help me get the pops?" I asked her.

She looked at me, and pulled me closer to her.

" Did I tell you how sexy it is that you squirt?" she asked me and bit her bottom lip.

I blushed and laughed.

" No, you where to busy acting like a total asshole." I told her.

She kissed my neck.

" I'm sorry kind of stress," She mumbled into my neck.

I bit my bottom lip.

" Well don't take that shit out on me, I don't like it," I told her.

Before she could answer, I heard somebody called her name. I felt Ace tense up.

" Alesha?" some girl called out.

I pulled back, and saw this look of confusion, hurt, and angry on her face. This was first time I ever could read emotions on Ace. I wonder who the fuck this bitch was.

" Alesha, it's me. Amani," the girl said.

She was walking towards us. Ace had let me go and grabbed the cart.

" Let's go" Ace said as the girl got closer.

I felt so much anger radiate off of her.

" Ace do you know that girl?" I asked her.

She looked at me.

" Let's go Now!" She sort of yelled at me, it made me jump.

She was scaring me. I pushed the cart, and sped up my pace to try and keep up with Ace. She was walking fast, and angry.