Vanessa

I felt good about helping Ace. I can't believe that Ace met up with her sister like that. They actually look alike. She is just as tall as Ace, like a good 5"11. She was two shades lighter than Ace and she has dark brown eyes.

It was long before we pulled up to the park, and Ace help and got the stuff out of the car.

" Nessy...." I turned around and saw my little cousin running up to me.

I looked at Ace who was laughing. I know what she was laughing at to. Jackass.

"Hey Keem," I said and hugged my cousin.

We made our way over to where everybody was at. Ace sat the stuff down. She went over and started talking to Ice and Cassie. They were off in their own little corner of the park.

" Hey babygirl," My dad said.

I walked over and hugged him.

" So where is this friend that I should repay. I hope he ain't mind," He said.

I grew a little nervous.

" Naw she didn't mind. She over there with Cassie and her girl," I told him I pointed over to them.

They was laughing, probably talking shit.

" Oh. So you hanging out with the gays now?" he asked me.

He was working the grill, and my mom's was mingling.

" Kind of," I said and sat on the picnic table.

I ran my hands down my jeans. My hands were sweating. I figured I would tell him now. If I waited any longer I would bitch up.

" Kind of ? Baby is that yo friend or yo girlfriend?" he asked me.

That's the thing I hated about him. He was so blunt. He never played games when it came to wanting to truth.

" She's my girlfriend daddy," I said. He looked up from the grill.

He had a look on his face that I couldn't explain.

" You know your mom is going to be pissed," He said.

" I know," I looked down at the grass.

" I don't need everybody to find out that I have a dyke for a daughter either," He said.

I cringed at the word, it was making me mad.

" but I do love you, and if this is the lifestyle you want... I can't stop you. However I would like to meet this young lady who is dressed like a young man," He said.

I looked at him and smiled a little bit. He smiled back.

" ACE!" I yelled.

She looked at me and I waved her over. She jogged over and looked at my dad and then at me.

" Ace, this is my dad," I introduced her.

" Dad this is my girlfriend Alesha," I told her.

She looked at me shocked, and then smiled at me.

" Hello sir," She said.

" Well at least you have manors," He said and shook her hand.

" Yes sir I do, my father and mother has taught me very well," she said.

My dad looked at Ace for along time.