Ace

Me and Vanessa was in the car heading to Ihop when her phone rang. We wasn't talking just enjoying each others company. No need to have conversations all the time. She looked at the caller id and then over to me.

" It's my mom," She told me.

I sighed. It felt like it was gonna be along night of bullshit.

" Well answer it then," I told her.

" It's so late I wonder what she wants," She said.

Her phone had stopped ringing and started back up.

" Bay just answer the damn phone," I told her.

I was starting to get irritated about the situation I know nothing good is gonna come from this.

" Hello," She said.

She readjusted her self in her seat.

" You want to meet me where?" she asked.

I sighed and pulled out my phone and texted Ice and told her that we would catch up with them later.

" Mom we not driving all the way out there to talk to you," She told her.

" Yes, me and my girlfriend," She told her and let out a heavy sigh.

" Well, if you can't talk to both of us than you don't need to speak to me," Nessa told her.

I looked over at her and smirked. I definitely liked the fact that she was standing up for herself finally. I tapped her on her thigh.

" Where she wants us to meet her at?" I asked her.

She looked at me and mouth the word " Aurora". That's about a 35-minute ride from here. I just shook my head and hopped on the E- way and headed towards Aurora. Vanessa looked at me with her eyebrow raised and mouth slightly open.

" Fine mom we are on our way now. Good bye," Vanessa looked over at me after she got off the phone with her mother.

" What the Fuck Ace?" she semi yelled at me.

" What you don't wanna go talk this shit out with yo mama?" I asked her unfazed by her tone.

If she was gonna make me sit and damn near kill that bitch of a mother. Then I can do the same.

" I don't wanna talk to her. I don't even what to see her. She kicked me out and now she wanna talk and reconcile things with me. She on some bullshit," She told me and sat back in the seat pissed off at me.

" Look you made me talk to that women who thinks she's my mom. So I'm just returning the favor," I told her.

She rolled her eyes at me and looked out the window at me. I could care less if she was pissed at me. We had been driving for about 30 minutes, and was coming up to the Aurora Exit.

She told me where to go and we pulled up to a big dumb ass house that was all to familiar to me. I knew this was some bullshit.

" Bay, this shit is a set up. Call yo mother and tell her to meet us out side. But put yo phone on speaker," I told her.

I had to get serious real quick. She nodded her head and did as I told her. The last time I was here I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days. This nigga don't play around at all.

"Hello?" her mom said.

In that loving tone as a matter of fact. I cringed.

" Hey mom meet us outside," Vanessa told her.

" No, just come in, ring the door bell and I will answer. It's silly for me to come outside," She told her.

" Alright mom here we come," Vanessa said.

I looked at her.

" We shouldn't go . Yo mom is staying with some really deadly men. They promise to stay out of the city, and the west coast and the south, If I stay out of the Midwest and east cost and parts of South America. They don't like me and I don't like them. If I go in there they gonna try to kill me this time," I told her.

She just looked at me and bit her bottom lip.

" Look I need to talk to her and see what she wants. Just stay in the car it shouldn't take long," She told me as she began to get out the car.

I grabbed her arm.

" No. Yo mom probably already told them who I was. They might keep yo ass to make me come in and get you. I'm gonna come with you," I told her.

I pulled out my phone and sent out a mass text. I typed in the words C5. My crew should be here in 15 to 20 minutes. That is more than enough time for some shit to go down.

" Look Nessa I need you to carry this with you. Just in case," I told her.

I handed her my cell phone and reached under the seat and pulled out my extra .357 mangum. She looked at me and her eyes got all big. I guess she just realized this shit got real.

" I never fired one of these before," She told me and tried to give it back.

" Look just point and shoot. I don't have time to argue with you right now. Just do what the fuck I tell you to," I told her.

I got out the car and slammed the door. I was so fucking pissed that I was here. I mean the shit you do for love. I opened the trunk and pulled up the cover to where the spare tire is suppose to be. I had to strap up and I had just about all my babies in the car. After I got done strapping up I notice that I only had one vest. I sighed. Vanessa was standing next to me in her own little world. I handed her the vest to put on.

" Take your shirt off and put this on. Then put yo shirt back on," I told her.

She just looked at me and didn't even question me.

" Look, if anything happens. I want you to send out a text on that phone to everybody. Just type C5 dash 11" I told her.

She nodded as she put her shirt back on.

" Let's go," I told her.

I had to get in my zone. Cause this shit was about to hit hard and fast.