Vanessa

I was lying in bed listing to Robin Thicke Brand New Luv. I was waiting on Ace to call me. This song really made me think about her. It bought a smile on my face. I think I might make this her ringtone. I looked over at the clock and the time read, 4:30 am. I was getting real sleepy to. Just as I was about to close my eyes it was a knock on the front door. I think Chris got it. I didn't feel like peaking my head out the door to see who it was. I rolled over on my side, I guess Ace wasn't gonna call me like she said. But I couldn't blame her, it is real late and she probably tired. I grabbed one of my pillows and held it close to my body, and closed my eyes, I was listing to Faith Evans Soon as I Get Home.

" You sleep?" I heard Ace say.

I jumped a bit and opened my eyes. I hate when she do that shit.

" Stop that shit," I told her.

I rolled over to see her standing in my doo frame.

" You know I can provide more comfort than that pillow you suffocating," She said.

I sat up in my bed and turned on my lamp.

" This maybe true. I thought you was gonna call me?" I asked her.

She looked at me and shrugged. And made her way over to me. She looked tired, and a little stress.

" You gonna stay the night?" I asked her as she sat down on my bed.

She was kind of dirty, and had a few blood spots on her clothes.

" Nah. I think I'm go home," She said and yawned.

I wasn't sure I wanted her to drive home and she sleepy. Besides I did kind of want to lay with her.

" You okay babes?" I asked her.

She looked at me and smiled weary smile.

" Yeah, just tired baby," She said and laid back on my bed.

" What happen to you? You got blood and dirt on you," I asked her.

" Long story short, I had to play the grim reaper," She said it like it wasn't shit.

I bit my bottom lip.

" Oh, okay," That was all I could say.

" It was that dude that had fucked me up," she said and sat up in the bed.

That made me feel better. I thought she just killed some random person.

" Oh okay," I said.

She looked at me and smiled.

" You are so damn special," I  said and laughed.

" So what. Where are my keys so I can go home and go to sleep," She said.

" Stay the night with me, I don't want you driving you might fall asleep," I told her.

" I will not fall asleep; besides I ain't got no clothes over here and I wanna get cleaned up," She told me as she stood up.

" Shut up I got some b ball shorts and some beaters," I told her.

I got up and made my way over to my dresser and started to pull out the shorts and a white beater.

" I don't wanna wear yo clothes. I like mines," she said.

" Shut up, and go get cleaned up," I told her and gave her the clothes along with a face towel.

" Aye, stop begin so fucking demanding," She told me and made her way to the bathroom.

She came back 10 minutes later, holding her dirty clothes in her arms. She threw them in a corner.

" Ace damn it, you couldn't fold that shit up or put it in the dirty clothes basket?" I asked her as I got up off the bed and picked up her clothes and put them in a chair.

" Vanessa I'm just put them back on later when I go home. They wasn't gonna be there for long," She said and laid down in my bed.

" Whatever Alshea," I rolled my eyes and got back in the bed, but first I turned off my cd player and the lamp.

Ace laughed at me. I got in the bed and my body atomically rolled right into hers. Her arms found their way around my waist. I felt her pull me closer to her. For some reason I had this feeling like something was wrong or she had something to tell me.

"Cosa c'è di sbagliato?" I asked her.

She let out a small sigh.

" Nothing is wrong baby," She told me.

"Tu mi stai mentendo," I told her.

I know she is lying to me.

" I'm not lying to you, it real is nothing," She told me.

" Ace..." I said.

" Uh Devo volare fuori a New York,"

Some type of nothing that is.

" When do you have to fly out to New York? And for how long?" I asked her.

" Tomorrow. Like for 3 or 4 days. Depends on how fast I can get this shit taken care of," She said.

Damn. I bit down on my bottom lip.

" That's kind of a long time," I told her.

I don't want her to go away for damn near a week.

" It's not, I'll be back before you know it." She told me and kissed my neck.

" Well, if you have to go you have to go right." I said and sighed.

" Mhmm. Oh and I hooked you up with a legit job. You gonna be working with my girl Nicki." She told me.

" Doing what?" I asked her. I hope it aint nothing stupid.

" Stripping." She said.

I turned around sat up and hit her in her arm.

" Stop playing with me." I told her.

She laughed.

" I'm serious." She said and rubbed her arm.

" No your not. Ace now stop lying." I told her.

I hope she was joking. She gotta be, I know if she don't want me stealing cats as a  job,  she damn sure don't want me stripping.

" I'm not, I think it would be nice having a stripper for a girlfriend." She said.

" Damn it Ace you gotta be shitting me. That is so fucking rude of you." I told her.

She sat up and started laughing. Fuck this nigga.

" I'm playing baby, I can't have niggas eyeing what's mines. I'm to damn selfish for that shit." She told me and pulled me back down with her.

" I can't stand yo ass." I told her and laid my head on her chest.

" Yeah, yeah whatever." She said.

" But fa real what am I going to be doing? " I asked her once again.

" Starting tomorrow you will working as a wedding planner." She said. 

I was a bit taken back.

" A wedding planner?" I asked her.

" Yup, perfect legit job. Who would think a wedding planner could be in illegal shit. That's why Nicki does it." She told me.

It does make sense though.

" I suppose so." I told her.

" Now let's go to sleep, cause I'm tired." She laughed. I pecked her lips and we both started to drift off into dream land.