She smiled at me. She looked worried.

“I’m fine already. What happened to the sports fest?” She asked. The look on her face showed me that she was wishing that it was Josh.

“I won.”

She smiled and hugged me.

“Really? That’s great. Congratulations, Nathan!”

“Thanks”

Suddenly her mood changed again. She was looking at Josh’s picture. I guessed she forgot that I was there.

“Trisha, listen…” I started and she looked at me worriedly.

“Yes, is something wrong?”

“I’m breaking up with you.” I blurted out. Those five words were complete opposites of what I was feeling but I have to do this.

“What? Why?” she started to look really worried and she was about to cry.

“Wait, please don’t cry. Listen to me first.”

“Did you really love me or did you just played with me?” she asked angrily.

“I love you Trisha. I really, really, really love you. I love you that is why I’m doing this.” I told her honestly.

She looked at me like I was really weird.

“Trisha, I know that you don’t really love me. I know that you did, but you have someone more special now. Before I asked you to be my girlfriend, I was already unsure if you have feelings for me or for Josh. I didn’t know if I still had the chance. I was devastated when I knew that I had already lost my chance, but when you said yes I was really happy. Unfortunately, the moment Josh saw both of us, he was hurt and I know you were too. You love him and I don’t know if you have already realized that. I’m really sorry for being selfish. I knew that you love him but I didn’t say anything. I always see you looking at him and I know that you were really worried about him.”

She looked at me and she was starting to cry.

“I’m sorry for being unfair to you, Nathan. It’s just that I was confused I thought I still loved you. And yes, I just realized that I love him when he almost died during the wall climbing. A funny way to realize that I love him, but it doesn’t matter anymore I know he doesn’t love me. It was useless to tell him how I feel. I will end up getting hurt if he didn’t feel the same way.”

I chuckled at her statement. She couldn’t see how much Josh loves her?

“I never thought you were that dumb. We were best friends since I couldn’t remember and I always thought you were smarter.”

“Hey!” she hit me on my shoulder.

“Seriously, it was really obvious that he was head over heels for you! He was even very willing to sacrifice his life just for you. You just don’t know how much he loves you.”

“No way. You’re just saying that to make me feel better.”

“Trisha, Josh loves you so much. Have you ever notice the times when he would just suddenly move closer to you? He was not just doing that to act or anything. He was doing that because there were a lot of guys checking you out and he didn’t like that. He used his body to cover you. He always reminded the other guys to back off. He really loves you.”

“B-But why? I don’t understand. Maybe he was just doing that because he was a good friend.”

“No, Trisha. He really loves you. You want another proof?”

She nodded.

“Have you notice both of us almost killing each other during the sports fest?”

“Yeah, I was really worried about both of you did you know that? You have been against each other for the past three years but I have never seen both of you compete for a trophy like that!” she said angrily.