95

The year was 1989 and Beth was at the doctors for a pregnancy checkup. Ed had come along with her. Doctor: How far are you with your pregnancy Beth? Me: Eight and a half months. Doctor: Have you been feeling ok? Me: Yes. Doctor: Ok, we're going to do a sonogram just to make sure that your baby is ok. *The doctor was moving the camera around so we could see the baby on the monitor* Ed: Oh my gosh, that's my kid! Doctor: *Pointing out* That's his head, and his hands. Do you want to know if he's a boy or a girl? Me: *I look at Ed* Do you? Ed: No, we want to keep it a surprise. Doctor: Ok, I'll be right back. Me: Ok. Ed: Aah I'm so excited! What do you think we should name him? Or her? Maybe Ed Jr! *I had never seen Ed so excited about something. Ever since I told him I was pregnant he had been talking about it all the time* Me: I don't know.. Doctor: We have some news for you Beth. Me: Is everything ok?? Doctor: Yes, but you will have to deliver the baby now. Me: Aah! Ok! Doctor: Ready? Me: Yes! Ed hold my hand! Ed: Ok. Doctor: Ready, one, two, three, PUSH!!! One, two, three, PUSH!! One more time, one, two, three, PUSH!!! The room filled with little cries. Me: How is he? Is he ok? Doctor: Your baby is fine. Do you want to hold him? Me & Ed: Yes! The doctor came brought the baby over and gave him to us. Ed: It's a boy!! Me: How wonderful! What should we name him? Ed: How about Kurt Edward Van Halen? I know how much you like Kurt Cobain. Me: That's great Ed! Ed: Hello Kurt! Kurt smiled at Ed. Me: He's perfect. Ed: You did wonderfully Beth. Ed kissed me on the forehead. We stayed and watched Kurt fall asleep.