104

The year was 1991 and Van Halen was at the Grammys. I was with Ed and the guys. *before the show* Reporter: How do you think Van Halen is going to do tonight? Ed: I think we'll do great! Sammy: If we don't win an award I think there's something wrong! Mike: We're Van Halen for pete's sake! *During the show* Presentor: The next award is for the best rock song. We have Nirvana with Smells Like Teens Spirit, Kiss and Rock and Roll All Nite, Van Halen and Right Now, and Def Leppard with Photograph. And our winner is..... Van Halen with Right Now!! *The crowd stood up and was cheering* Me: Oh my gosh Ed! This is wonderful! Ed: *kisses me* I know! We went up on the stage and the guys were so happy. Ed: Wow.. I can't believe this! I guess I want to thank everyone at the studio and in the band for putting up with all our crap and helping us make such hugely successful music. And to my family, Mom, Dad, Al and my amazing wife Beth. I don't think I would be where I am now without your support. Al: I would also say a huge thanks to the guys at the studio. You guys are awesome! Many thanks to Mom, Dad and Ed for keeping me going and sticking right by my side. Mike: I just want to say thank you to my family and our fans. There wouldn't be a Van Halen without you guys! I've enjoyed every day I've been playing with Van Halen. We're just four guys who have a lot of fun together. Sammy: I just want to say thanks to Ed, Al and Mike. These have been the best years of my life. Huge thanks to the behind-the-scenes producers for Van Halen, my wonderful family and especially to the fans who keep gettin' us back on the road to play our music- loudly!! *We waved to everyone and then went backstage.* Al: That was awesome! Mike: I know! Sammy: That was fun.. We need to tour again! Ed: *laughs* Yes! Me: I'm really proud of you guys. I can't believe you are where you are today. You started out playing in bars and now your the biggest rock band in the world! That deserves a toast. Ed: I agree. Al: To.. Dreams.