66

The year was 1984. I was at Ed’s house watching a movie. Ed: Hey Beth? Me: Yes? Ed: I love you! Me: I love you too Ed! Ed: Let’s go outside for a minute and watch the stars. Me: Ok. Ed and I walked outside to a beautiful sky. Me: Its cold out. Ed: Here have my sweatshirt. *I put on Ed’s favorite sweatshirt, which was a big gray one. He was wearing it on the first time we met.* Ed: Its beautiful out here. Me: I sure is. I don’t want it to end! Ed: It doesn’t have to. I have something to say. Me: Ed? Ed: When I first met you, I thought you were an angel from heaven. I love you more than anything Beth. Look, I guarantee there’ll be tough times. I guarantee that at some time, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you’re the only one for me. Will you marry me Beth? I know its soon, you can think about it. Me: *Crying* I don’t have to think Edward….yes!! Ed hugged me, and picked me up and spun in a circle. Ed: I love you Beth. Me: I love you too Ed. Ed put the ring on my finger and kissed me. Ed wiped away the tears on my face. Ed: Now its official. I love you Beth. Me: I love you to Ed. Ed: I have an idea Beth, you’ll think I’m crazy..but, why don’t we get married tomorrow?? Me: That’s a wonderful idea?? Who’s going to be the pastor though? Ed: Al! We can call our families and the guys to come over. Me: Which church? Ed: I know this perfect little church that’s in a beautiful countryside. We used to go there when we were  younger. Me: Ok! This is the most wonderful day of my life Edward! Ed: Mine too Beth, I love you so much!