84

The year was 1986 and Beth was 16 and Ed is 17. Kurt was almost one year old and it was the middle of the night. Kurt: MOMMYYYY!!!!! Me: Kurt.... mommy is sleeping right now. Kurt: MOMMYYY!!!! Ed: I'll get it babe. *Ed got out of bed and he was in his boxers and his hair was really messy. He looked so cute!* Me: Thanks Ed. *Ed went into Kurt's room and picked him up and was rocking him back and forth.* Kurt: Daddy? Where's mommy? MOMMYYY???? Me: Kurt.. daddy's got you ok? *Ed brought Kurt over to me and sat down on the floor.* Kurt: Mommy? Can I sleep with you and daddy? I had a bad dream. Me: Well... I guess. *Kurt jumped in bed. Ed slept on the couch because the bed was too small. In the morning Ed was still sleeping on the couch when Kurt and I got up. Kurt came running in the living room and jumped on Ed* Ed: Ohhh... Good morning Kurt! Kurt: Are you up now daddy? Ed: Yup. Do you want some breakfast Kurt? Kurt: Yea!! Ed came in the kitchen while Kurt was playing in the living room. Me: Ed I'm soo tired. Ed: I know me too. We should try to keep Kurt in his room during the night. Me: I know. I'm sorry you had to sleep on the couch last night. Ed: It's ok. Me: I feel kinda worn out a lot. Kurt is so hyper all the time. We'll be ok right? Ed: We will. *Ed looked over at Kurt playing and smiled. Ed put his arm around my shoulder and hugged me.* Ed: Look at him. He's so adorable when he's playing! Me: He is cute! Kurt looked up and smiled at us and then went back to playing.