93

The year was 1984 and Ed and Beth were at home. Ed: Hey Beth? Me: Yea? Ed: Let's go on a car ride. Me: Where to? Ed: Your fathers house. Me: Why? I havent talked to him since I was three years old. Ed: I know but he called me and said he wanted to talk to you. Me: Ok. *Ed and I drove to my dad's house. We went up to the door and knocked, but there was no answer.* Me: Dad? *Nothing. I walked in but he didn't seem to be in the house. I saw empty beer and scotch bottles that had been carelessly thrown all over the floor.* Me: Dad? He stumbled around the corner with a tequila bottles in his hands. I could smell from across the room that he had been drinking heavily. Dad: What are you doing here? Me: You said you wanted to talk to me. Dad: Who the hell is that? Me: This is Edward, were together. Dad: Get out of my house. Me: What? Dad: Get out of my house. NOW!! He started running, more like stumbling, towards me and Ed. I screamed. Ed pushed me off to the side and punched my dad in the jaw. Dad: Get away from here. I don't ever want to see you or Edward again. Me: No!! Dad: What?! Me: You said you had to talk to me. He walked towards me and growled in my face: I never wanted you. Your mother wanted a baby. I said fine as long as she gave me a son. Instead she gave me you. That's why I left. I didn't want a daughter, I wanted a son!! I never was proud of you and I never will be. Now get out of my life. I don't ever want to see you again. I ran outside. Ed punched my dad again and called him a bad name. He said that if he didn't appreciate my for who I was then he didn't deserve to be alive. When Ed and I got home I went into the bedroom. Ed: Bethany? Me: Ed please just leave me alone. I want to be alone for awhile. Ed walked up to me and hugged me tightly. I started to cry. I was sobbing for hours and Ed stayed with me. He stayed by me all night and rocked me back and forth until I fell asleep.