100

The year was 1976 (Beth was 13 and Ed was 14). Beth was at highschool in California. She was hanging out with a friend in between their classes. Friend: How have your classes been? Me: Not bad. Friend: Any cute guys? Me: Yea there is one guy. Friend: Well, what's he like? Is he handsome? Me: He seems really nice and sweet. Hey, he's over there on the bench! Friend: Ooh he's cute! Me: He's playing his guitar. Whenever I see him he's always playing that guitar and writing music. It sounds beautiful when he plays guitar. Friend: Go! Me: What? Friend: Go talk to him! You obviously like him! Me: Well.. Friend: Go! Me: I guess. Friend: Yes! *I walked over to him and sat down* Me: I like your guitar. Guy: Really? Me: Yea! Guy: I like it too. Me: It's a Sixties Teisco Del Rey ET-440. Guy: How did you know that? Me: My brother likes guitars. He's in a small band right now. Guy: That's cool! My brother and I are in a band. We play a lot around Pasadena. Me: What's your band named? Guy: Van Halen. My name is Edward Van Halen. You can call me Ed. Or Eddie, either one. Me: Ok. Ed: Who are you? Me: Oh! I'm Bethany Hetfield. Ed: Can I call you Beth? Me: Yes, you can! Ed: *Smiles* Ok. Do you want to learn how to play guitar? Me: Really? Ed: Yea! Me: Ok! *I looked over at my friend to see what she thought of him. She gave me two thumbs up. I smiled and turned back to Eddie.*