55

The year was 1978, the year that Van Halen had become a band. Guitar magazine was going to interview Eddie. Ed: Hey babe? Me: Yes? Ed: Do you want to come along to this Guitar interview? Me: Another one? Ed: Yea. Me: I suppose. Are you sure they want me to come along? Ed: Of course they do! How can anyone not like you babe? Me: I love you Ed! Ed: I love you too babe! *Ed and I drive to meet Guitar magazine and go in and sit down for the interview* Interviewer: Hello Mr Van Halen. Who is this young lady with you? Ed: She’s my girl, Beth. Ed looks at me and smiles. Interviewer: Eddie I have one question for you, how do you play guitar like that? (talking about Eruption). Ed: Haha well I guess it just comes naturally to me. Interviewer: How do you think you became so successful? Ed: I just go out there and have a good time. Its all about having fun for me. Interviewer: And what do you think of this, Beth? Beth: I like it. It’s fun to see Eddie having such a good time with the guys. *The interviewer asks more questions* Interviewer: Thank you Edward for taking the time to meet with us, and good meeting you too Beth. Me: Thank You. *Ed and I drive home* Me: I’m glad that’s over. Ed: It wasn’t too bad, but I’m happy that I’m with you now. Me: I love you Ed! Ed: I love you too! I’ll cook some supper for us. Me: Ok honey!