86

Part One: The year was 1982 and the guys were over at Ed and Beth's house having a few drinks. Dave was talking to Beth in the kitchen. Me: Do you want a beer? Dave: Sure. *Beth gave a beer to Dave.* Dave: What kind of beer is this? Me: I don't know. It's just the beer that Ed usually has around. Why? Dave: It's terrible!! Me: Ed likes it. Dave: Just because Ed likes it doesn't mean that everyone else should. Me: Yea I know. I'm just saying that's what we usually drink. Dave: And I'm saying just cus Ed likes it doesn't mean that everybody else should! Me: Fine! Give me your beer back if you don't like it. Dave: Fine! *Dave smashed the beer on the floor right next to Beth.* Me: What is your problem?? Dave: Maybe you should ask Ed, I'm sure he could tell us!! After all we like everything he likes!! Me: SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! Dave: OR WHAT?? *Ed came running in and punched Dave in the jaw. Dave fell to the floor, but he jumped back up and swung at Ed. Dave punched Ed in the nose and he fell on the floor. Al came running in and picked up Ed off the floor and then punched Dave. It had started to get really crazy. I was afraid that one of them would get seriously hurt. All of the sudden some of the shards flew past my face and cut my arm.* Ed: Mike, get Beth out of here!!! *Mike came in and brought Beth outside on the porch.* Me: Do you think they're ok Mike? Mike: I don't know. What happened anyway? Me: I gave Dave a beer and then he didn't like it. We started arguing and he blamed my anger on Ed and here we are now. Mike: Ed will be ok Beth, I'm sure of it. For one thing, I know that Ed's a fighter and he will protect you no matter what. Me: I hope so.