74

The year was 1978 and Van Halen was on it's first world tour. Beth, Ed, Dave, Al and Mike were backstage getting ready for their first concert. Beth and Ed were sitting on the couch and Ed was tuning his guitar. Me: Are you ready Ed? Ed: Gosh I hope so. I'm kinda nervous. Me: Ah don't worry about it. You'll knock their socks off babe. Ed: I guess so. Are you gonna watch us play? Me: Of course I am! I can't believe you've made it this far Ed. You have gone from playing in little bars to your first world tour! Ed: I know. It's been really rewarding, but I couldn't have done it without you Beth. Me: Aww you're sweet Ed! Are you gonna put on a shirt? Ed: Do I have to? Me: No I think you look better without one! Ed: Well then I won't wear a shirt! *Over the intercoms: Van Halen to stage please, Van Halen to stage immediately. Thank you.* Ed: I gotta go babe. Me: Man.. *Ed kissed me and then went out on stage with the guys. Over the stage speakers Dave said to the audience "ARE YOU READY TO BE ROCKED?!" The crowd went nuts and was screaming. The lights went off and then they started with Runnin' with the Devil. A huge light up symbol of the Van Halen logo turned on with a bunch of sparks coming off of it. The rest of the lights went on and Dave did a splits jump off the drum riser. The rest of the songs were fantastic and the crowd was ecstatic. After the guys finished Happy Days they came backstage. Ed went over to Beth. Ed: How was the show babe? Me: OH MY GOSH IT WAS AWESOME!! Ed: Hey guys, Beth liked it!! Al: Whoop, whoop!! Mike: It was a awesome show! Dave: We KILLED it!! Me: It was the best concert I've ever seen!! Ed: I had so much fun out there, I want to do this for the rest of my life! Only if you do this with me Beth. Me: I would be more than happy to sweetheart!