77

The year was 1998 and Howard Stern was doing an interview with Van Halen about their album with Gary Cherone. Ed and Beth met the guys at Stern's office. Al: Hey Ed! Beth came too! Ed: Hey Al! Me: Hey guys. Stern: Good afternoon guys. Who's this with you Edward? Ed: She's my wife, Beth. Me: Hi. Stern: Sit down, make yourself comfortable. My first question for you is how do you think your new album will fly with your fans? Ed: I think it will go well. We've been through a lot as a band and through all that, our fans have stayed with us. Al: I would agree with that. Without our fans we wouldn't have been such a big hit. Stern: How do you think you're doing together as a band now? Mike: We're doing pretty well. We've gone through a lot of changes throughout the years and this is a new chapter in the "Van Halen Book" and it will be a good book in our history. Stern: Has joining Van Halen been a good decision for you Gary? Gary: It was an awesome decision. I remember Ed called me up and he said "Hey you wanna join Van Halen?", I thought he was kidding! I'm very happy to be with the guys, there all awesome and great to hang out with. Who knows, maybe we'll record another album this year! *When we finished the interview with Stern, we all walked across the street and had a few drinks together.*