88

The year was 1985 and Eddie and Beth were at a David Letterman interview. Eddie was playing guitar with Letterman's band. Letterman: Tonight we have with us the guitar wonder kid Eddie Van Halen and with him, his wife Beth Van Halen. *I came out to the stage and kissed Ed before I went over to sit down.* Letterman: You look nice tonight, glad you could be with us Beth. Me: Thanks! Letterman: As we mentioned before, do you travel with Edward a lot during the tours? Me: I used to go out a lot with him. I still do like to go on the tours with him. Letterman: What's that like with Edward probably being the most sought-after man with the ladies. Me: It was harder in the beginning because no matter what, even if we we're coming out of the studio there would always be women around Ed. And Ed would have his arm around me and they would come up to him and pinch his butt and ask him to kiss them. I was like "Hey, I'm here!". I've gotten used to Ed's life and he's gotten used to mine, so we've both come stronger together. Letterman: What do you think about what the press is writing about you? Me: *Laughing* I think its kinda funny. Letterman: How so? Me: Well it used to bother me a lot in the beginning, but now it doesn't. Just because I know that all of the rumors and crazy stuff isn't true. Letterman: Well thanks for spending some time with us tonight Beth. Me: Thanks for having me! *Ed continued playing with Letterman's band and for the end song they played Panama. Everyone was clapping and cheering for Ed. He motioned for me to come over and he grabbed my hand and we both bowed to the audience and then he kissed me, which the audience thought was really cute.*