102

The year was 1980 and Ed had come home from the bar, drunk. Ed: Hey babe. Me: Ed are you drunk? Ed: A little. *Ed tripped into the kitchen* Do we have any beer? Me: No. You and the guys drank the rest of it last week. Ed: Oh. Well that's ok, I got you babe. *Ed came over to me and started kissing my neck.* Me: Ed stop. Ed: Why? Me: Ed seriously stop. I'm going over to Al's for the night. I'll be back in the morning, you better clean yourself up before I gt back. Please don't drink anymore. Ed: Wait come back here! Babe? *I walked outside and drove to Al's. I walked into Al's house and sat down on the couch.* Al: Hey chicken wing! Me: Hey. Al: What's up? Me: Ed's drunk again. I can't take this anymore. Every week he comes home drunk and every time he apologizes and says he's sorry. I just can't do this Al. *Al came over and sat down next to me.* Al: You deserve honesty. You deserve transparency. You deserve someone who respects you enough to never lie to your heart. You deserve appreciation. You deserve loyalty. You deserve someone who would never abuse your trust. You deserve love. You deserve someone who would still be there for you even when everyone else had walked away. You deserve someone who's REAL. Ed is that person, trust me. The first time he saw you he came home and told me that you were the one. The angel that saved him. That you are his other half. You can't get through this alone. But you can with Ed. Me: Oh my god Al that was so beautiful! I have to work through this with Ed. Al: Go talk to him. Me: Ok. Thank you so much Al. *I drove home, but when I got inside Ed wasn't there.* *Ed had driven over to Al's house* Al: Hey! Ed: Hey Al. Al: What's up? Ed: I think I ruined my marriage. I had something so perfect and beautiful.. How did I throw that all away? What do I do now Al? Do you think Beth will be ok? Al: Beth's the girl that believes that what comes around goes around. The one that hopes for a better day. The one that won't give up on you. She's the girl that's unlike the rest.