Chapter 70: More Prayers

When we get back to the room Dean heads straight for the shower. I grab a beer from the mini fridge and take a seat at the table.

Dean walks out with a towel wrapped around his waist "looks like there will be a lot more cold showers in my near future" He says turning towards the mirror. He begins to clean out his ears and I kiss him on the cheek before shutting the door and showering myself.

When I exit the shower, Dean has his buried in his laptop, leaning against the headboard. I throw on a t-shirt and brush out my hair. When I'm finished I turn around and he is still starting intently at the screen. "What are you looking at?" I finally ask him after standing there for a few moments.

"Huh?" He looks up oblivious to me standing there. I roll my eyes with a smile and turn my attention to my almost empty beer. "Now, how can you do this to me?" He smirks putting the laptop to the side.

I look to him confused "what?" I ask.

"Come out here like that when you know what the Pastor said" he smiles sitting up, inching towards the end of the bed.

I look down examining myself "I'm wearing one of your old t-shirts and just got out the shower" unsure of what he is talking about.

"Ya, exactly. The sexiest look ever.." He smiles pulling me on top of him. I giggle as I fall onto him and our lips meet. We kiss for a bit longer before he pulls away first. I sit up on top of him and give him a weary look. "We can't.." He looks me in the eyes, pushing a lose strand of hair behind my eyes.

"Dean Winchester, are you shooting me down?" I act appalled, putting a hand to my chest as if I'm in shock. "Come on, one more time?" I wink to him, eager to have some fun.

"It's not easy," he rubs his hands up and down my thighs giving me goosebumps, standing his ground.

I perk up just a bit with a thought and spit it out "well, why don't we just get married. Then we can have all the sex we want" I suggest flirtatiously.

"Hayden" He hums my name with a simple smile, denying the idea.

"I mean it." I defend my thought "we already have a baby. We live together, it's just a piece of paper at this point."

"Hey, hey hey.. don't you do that." He sits up, moving me off of his body and on the other side of his legs.

"What?" I ask

"think that it's just a piece of paper." He responds instantly.

"Well, I know you are not really into marriage.." I trail off not knowing what else to say about it. Besides the one time he joked with me, we never actually talked about it. I mean, after I figured out what type of guy Dean was, I knew marriage was going to be something I probably wouldn't have with him, and I came to grips with that. Mostly when we got pregnant with Paul.

His eyes widen "when did I ever say that?"

I shrug "I just assumed.." I trail off again.

"Well it's a wrong assumption.." He leans closer to me "I've thought about marriage before..I've thought about being married to you." He leans in further so we simply peck each others lips.

"So, why don't we just do it then?" I shrug, unsure now why he doesn't want to, feeling self-conscious.

He smiles "because you deserve better then us being married so we can have sex."

I feel my cheeks blush in embarrassment. Just when I think I knew everything there was to know about this man, he shows me another layer. I nod my head in response and he gives me a kiss on the forehead before standing up "where are you going?" I ask him.

He turns to me before opening the door "going to buy me a bible."

"You know, there's one in the drawer, over there." I point to the dresser side table on the side of the bed where I sleep.

He nods "yah well, I can't steal that one when we leave so I have to go and get my own" He smiles.

"Right." I laugh back and he leaves the room.

Dean gets back to the room an hour later and has one bag in his hands. He takes out two books and places them on the table "got one for you too" He points to the turquoise one with designed page edges.

"Thanks" I say reaching over to grab it, I flip through the pages and he just stares at his.

He sighs out "okay, it's about time we get out of here and get something to eat. Let's go!" He holds out his hand for me to take it.

I do and we walk out of the room together "where are we going?" I ask as we begin walking down the road.

"On a date" he responds. I give him a side glance. "We haven't been on a real date probably since Paul has been born. Who knows when else we will get the chance to go out just you and me again?" He tells me. We walk for another 10 minutes before we get to a little shopping center. He walks me into a little bistro tucked in the corner of the mall and we are seated instantly. Dean takes the seat next to me, opposed to across and we share a menu.

When dinner arrives we find ourselves talking about Paul and how much we miss him.

"God, when did we become so old?" I ask him taking a sip of my wine.

"Hey, watch it. Don't use that name in vein!" Dean jokes. I try and give him a serious look but can't hold it for long before both of us are laughing.

"It's not funny" I say in between a breath.

"I know, it's not.. but it is.. I'm sorry." He says in between his and we laugh for a few minutes longer.

After dinner the sun is almost set and we walk slowly back to our room. When we get there, I get ready for bed. I want to take full advantage of sleep while I can. Dean sits on the chair, reading over the piece of paper the pastor gave to him. "Hey, you want to come to bed?" I ask once I'm settled under the covers.

"Nah, not yet." He says without looking up.

"You want me to say it first?" I ask him sitting up, turning the light back on next to me. He shrugs, with his forest green eyes still focused.

"bring it here" I whisper out to him and he does. He takes a seat next to me and I grab the piece of paper. I bow my head down and close my eyes. I take a few deep breaths before opening my eyes, letting them focus only on the words ""Dear Jesus, thank You for loving me and dying on the cross for my sins. I want to know You personally. I invite You into my life as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for forgiving me of all my sins and for the gift of eternal life. Help me to grow close to You in this new life You've given me. Amen"

I wait for Dean to say something, but he doesn't. I lift my head up slowly and see tears falling down his face. I let my hand wipe one away and rest on his jaw "I'm so afraid" he whispers out.

"you can do this Dean" I respond back to him with encouragement. "give it all up.." I add on "you don't have to carry it alone anymore"

Dean takes the piece of paper from in front of me and reads off of it slowly ""Dear Jesus, thank You for loving me and dying on the cross for my sins." He chokes up but continues "I want to know You personally. I invite You into my life as my Lord and Savior." Tears roll down my face as my eyes close and I listen to him pray. "Thank You for forgiving me of all my sins and for the gift of eternal life. Help me to grow close to You in this new life You've given me. Amen." He finally gets out the ending.

We stay there quietly on the bed, our hands intertwined with tears streaming down our face. I'm not sure how long, but I finally fall asleep with my head on his lap.