Chapter 13: Leverage

I follow their exact steps. I hear Castiel's singular tone ring out "he should be here" just then the lights in the warehouse go on and everything is lit. The boys look around confused. I'm hidden behind a pillar of concrete and stay closely to it.

"Hello boys" a Scottish/Irish like accent calls out and a man appears in front of them. I blink quickly to adjust but I already know. This is a demon.

"Crowley" Dean hisses.

"What are you 3 doing here?" The accented man returns.

"We need your help" Sam says.

"The Winchesters need my help? Whatever for?" The man cackles back

"Getting Castiel his grace back" I hear Dean say.

"Grace?" I whisper to myself. Crowleys eye flicker in my direction and I duck. I hold my breath until he speaks again.

"And why would I help you 3? What do I get in return?" He asks

"We'll stop hunting you, for now" Dean says.

The man laughs loudly "well that's not a very good deal" he snaps his fingers and a man is grabbing me by the arm dragging me forward. "Let's try this again" I look at Dean and his eyes show fear and anger at the same time.

"Who have we here?" He asks walking closer to me rubbing his hand against my cheek. I jerk my head away as much as possible. Dean jumps forward but Sam holds him back. "Someone is touchy over this one." He looks over at Dean while saying this.

"Let her go. What do you want Crowley!?" He spits out.

"Well I am intrigued to know who she is and how she got the playboy all wound up"

"Crowley" he hisses to him

"Alright, alright. No games, plenty of time later. I'll settle for a favor."

"What favor?" Dean grits through his teeth.

"Well not a favor now. A favor later. When I need it, no questions asked." The accent rings out. "And I'm not going to help you with Castiels grace. You know I could care less about those winged muppets" he flicks his wrist. "What do you say boys? Do we have a deal?" He asks.

"Yes" Dean respond immediately.

"Good. Well, I'll be seeing you." He gestures with a wave and the two demons are gone.

Dean comes running to me and grabs my arms "are you okay?" I nod my head up and down quickly. "Let's go" he grabs my arm tightly and pulls me out of there. I try to pull away from his grip but he just grabs it tighter, hurting me. We get to the impala and he rips the keys out of my pocket and throws them to Sam. "You and Cas take that ride home. Go!" He hollers. The two of them walk off leaving me and Dean behind.

"Damn it Hayden! Why were you here?" He spits out grabbing his hair.

"You said next one, so I followed you." I say angrily back to him.

"You could've gotten yourself hurt!" He yells

"So could you!" I return

"Don't even, Hayden! I know what I'm doing. You just ruined what we came here for. Now Crowley has leverage over us."

"Oh whatever" I roll my eyes getting into the car. He gets in and starts to drive off. The entire ride back to Kansas is silent. We don't go back to their place though. Instead he pulls into a mote, hitting the brakes hard as he pulls into a spot.

"Why are we here?" I ask glaring at him. He gets out of the car and slams the door

"I can't do this anymore" he walks away into the office. He walks back out 5 minutes later and opens a door down the hall. I follow him in to the room. He's looking in the closet door and into the bathroom.

"Do what?" I ask him

"This" he gestures between the two of us. "You don't listen to me. I'm trying to protect you. I can't watch you get hurt. I don't care anymore if you don't believe me, but I need you to be safe."

The tone in his voice is low, deep, and sincere. It makes me take him seriously "Dean, I'm sorry. I didn't know you truly felt this way" I walk closer to him.

"Forget it" he pushes past me "just, please stay here tonight. I'll be back in the morning" he says turning to me, waiting for a response. I nod my head and he leaves. I sit on the bed in silence thinking "what have I done?"